Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default recipe

For both walleye and perch we have been using "Youngs" batter. Last fish fry my wife mixed 1/2 YOUNGS with 1/2 Bass Pro shops Original "Spicey" fish batter (egg and milk dip first). We deep fry in peanut oil at 350. Batter is very light and makes some of the best tasting fillets I have ever had.
    I also like to do fillets on the grill. Place in foil, smear with a coating of margerine or butter, onions, bacon and any type of your favorite spice. Wrap completely in the foil so you can turn on the grill. Usually about 5 mins per side. fillets will be moist and flaky when you open the foil. Quick and easy way to prep the fish.

Baha299

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch ggod taste

take wheat saltine crackers put in food processor garlic and lawrys season salt.make a powder mix keep going to fine crumbs. dredge in flour then egg then cracker crumbs. fry in cast iron skillet with pure lard or peanut oil fry till golden brown each side dont fry to hot or crumbs will burn salt and pepper to taste. have used olive oil for a lighter taste serve with fries and cole slaw. put cabbage and carrot in processor. add cut up tomato and a couple green onions then mix with hellmans 1 tsp sugar 2 tsp vinegar and salt to taste this i use for family friends its time consuming. for a big party i use drakes with flat beer fresh beer wont stick as well because of the carbonation
    Last edited by rscotfish; 08-14-2009 at 06:10 PM.

smallboatwalleye Guest

My family has always used shore lunch brand. They have a couple varieties. My dad just tried the one specifically for beer batter. He said it left a smoother texture on the fish. I generally use veggy oil with some bacon grease in it. Maybe an 8 to 1 ratio oil to bacon grease.