5-23 Bolles Eve report 5-23 Bolles Eve report 5-23 Bolles Eve report 5-23 Bolles Eve report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

With bouncers in rod holders ( use heavy bouncers like 4 to 6 ozers) to keep them almost straight down. Cast out weapons, use the count down method and reel back in at a steady speed so you can repeat after contacting walleye.

Post Thanks / Like

When it gets that rough I just troll with the waves. Several times this year my kicker wasn't even in gear and one time I didn't even turn it on. Let the waves push me 1.5, 1.7 and instead of trolling back up wind, just pull gear, run back to start and repeat. Works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

After I started drifting I noticed a boat running up and trolling back downwind, but thought I could get them to go. Time to change tactics goes by so quickly on the water. Sunset before I new it. The fish we caught right away were in top third of water column I believe. We were marking fish at all depths. Sorry I can't give exact cordinantes but 25 ft of water as you head straight east out of Bolles Harbor. For you guys who may not launch there very often make sure you head south to end of entry channel bouy's before you head east because it is very shallow quite a ways from shore. Had to relearn that lesson on the way in last nite.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, with my 18fter Reeltime, by the time it's solid 2 to 3's I either have to run cross waves ( which I do) or drift sideways as I'll be doing over 2 mph on average.If I try to troll with the waves
    Last edited by ebijack; 05-25-2012 at 10:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default up high

play the swing get on the corner of boat cast up wind when lure hits water tighten your line count down 5-8 then reel use a medium retrieve keep it up the more you cast the better the odds fish were hitting when the lure would change direction but keep tight lines or you will not feel the bite