what to do? what to do? what to do? what to do?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: what to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Default what to do?

headin out for the first time tomorrow. was wondering if any body could help me in my decision on what to do. typically i fish out of meinkie's and start jiggin out of cullins park,but with last nights thunder boomers and rain I'm worried maumee bay could be chocolate milk.I thought maybe to go out to turtle creek , but never went out of there to jig.any info would be great.. thanks ...

Post Thanks / Like

I would slow troll RR deep divers at .8 to1.1 mph. 70-80 back. If your not set up to troll hit flat rock or cone reef. There are several reefs in the area. Just watch out for crib some very shallow spots.

Post Thanks / Like

Found this post on another site.
    B can 3/13/12

If I was a betting man, I'd of swore the lake would of been a muddy mess today after yesterday's rain/wind. The water was CLEAN! So clean we had to look for dirtier water.

Slow day as we only managed 2 for 2 and both were males. We tried a variety of cranks, colors, speed, depth etc. Interestingly, both fish came on neither HJ's or RR's but one on a blue/orange deep Smithwick rogue and the other on a blue/black Jr. Thunderstick.

Reckon I'll go for perch tomorrow, LOL.

Good news is, the ten day forecast looks fantastic, especially for this time of year!

Post Thanks / Like

Default jiggin

it might be to soon to jig.. i can troll but all i have is spoons. still collecting enough stuff to be a productive troller.but thanks to all..weathers got me jumpin

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up jigging

Reefs are very short ride from turtle creek. I would start jigging at cone reef towards the top and work down the sides and then move to the other reefs in the area. If you try trolling b can is north of cone reef great location so far this year.