Fishing the mouth of Maumee River Fishing the mouth of Maumee River Fishing the mouth of Maumee River Fishing the mouth of Maumee River
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fishing the mouth of Maumee River

I was just wondering if anybody has fished right at the mouth of the maumee river before the walleye head up the river for the run? Any feedback would appreciated. Thanks.

We have done that many times but really without much luck. Head over to the hot water discharge. The fishing there should be really getting hot without ice on the lake this year.

Default last year

i hear they are shutting down the coal burners might be last year for the warm water fish behind the edison. but then maybe it will let more get back out to the lake

I've been hearing that for years now. We go to that spot at ice out and nail them every year. In fact, my largest eye came in the little cove 10 feet of the bank from the discharge area. It was almost snow white in color weighing 15.6. I think i caught it on March 7th. I have it on the wall.

Thanks tbiser. What do you use over? Hair jigs tips with minnows? Or something else?

Default its true

wifes cousins husband works there they told him 50 percent of the work force will be layed off around 80 people they are shutting down the coal burners. will still burn fuel from bp. this was also on the news i also got a big walleye from there around 12 pounds with out a net and waders. also got a few limits of steelhead which is 2 this time of yesr
    Last edited by rscotfish; 02-11-2012 at 04:28 PM.

i caught many on big minnows on Carolina rigs. Some on jigs tipped with large twister tails. We limit out quick. The action goes all day long with most of the activity at dawn and dusk. We have only fished at dusk a few times because we have our limits in the morning.

thanks tbiser. I'm going to try that pretty soon. thanks for your helpful info.

Never been fishing there before. Do you guys boat or wade by the warm water area?? I'll always fish by the reefs complex. But coming up 75 from Dayton you guys would be a lot closer

Default warm water fish

ive done both shore and boat but its very shallow there you need a smaller boat they have a ramp right there for 16 ft and smaller. we have used jigs casting out to the warm water and reel back in. when they get going it can get crowded from shore there is not a lot of room to fish unless you can take boat to the other side its a little walk and they have a fence up so you can only walk to 1 side. went by there yesterday no cars in parking lot so i think its still a little early