kellys trolling kellys trolling kellys trolling kellys trolling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: kellys trolling

Post Thanks / Like

Default kellys trolling

need some pointers. trolled today, boards , jets with harnesses, reef runners. and bottom bouncers. no fish marked allot, fished from south east to east side. no fish. marked allot. fished from 7 am to noon, and pointers. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

every one was taking walleyes on spoons. Get some stinger scorpions they are the smaller ones. any thing with copper on one side and orange. when the water is a little murky i use an all silver one. You were proably fishing to deep. Most guys were 20 to 40 back on 40 jet divers running them off of boards. thats about 10 to 20 feet down. Monitor 79 they won't give location but they will give their leads, lure selection, and speed. 68 is an other channel. If you fish the cleveland area people will help on the radio but not in the western basin, expect no help on the radio when fishing the western basin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shawnb1977 View Post
    need some pointers. trolled today, boards , jets with harnesses, reef runners. and bottom bouncers. no fish marked allot, fished from south east to east side. no fish. marked allot. fished from 7 am to noon, and pointers. thanks.
    Don't feel bad I was right there with you. Fished the same erea S.E. and E of Kellys. Only pulled 2 fish. Was running spoons of jets but I think I was too deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    every one was taking walleyes on spoons. Get some stinger scorpions they are the smaller ones. any thing with copper on one side and orange. when the water is a little murky i use an all silver one. You were proably fishing to deep. Most guys were 20 to 40 back on 40 jet divers running them off of boards. thats about 10 to 20 feet down. Monitor 79 they won't give location but they will give their leads, lure selection, and speed. 68 is an other channel. If you fish the cleveland area people will help on the radio but not in the western basin, expect no help on the radio when fishing the western basin.
    penalty box: Please don't take offence as my post is not intended to offend you or anyone else for that matter.

Thats not quite true about no help in the western basin, I stand on 68 most of the time and if anyone calls me by my boat name, forum name (Wakina) I will help out if I am on fish, and will be honest if I am not on fish. But I will have to know how you know me and that usually means that you have posted reports or asked questions on this forum. I will give you colors and leads along with speeds and general location then let me know if you are coming and I will guide you in by sight. Giving GPS numbers on the radio usually means lots of boats with some not so bright fishermen swarming all over me and that scatters the fish or turns them off and ruins my day if you know what I mean. I am most generally by myself or way out on the outside of a pack. I don't like crowds real well when it comes to fishing for walleyes and I don't want people close enough to me to fish in my cooler.

Post Thanks / Like

If it gets ruff go fish the banks of the N.W. of the State park boat ramp. I just got home from there last Friday. We did manange to catch some fish. We fished the green cans and the red one as well. The walleye just wouldn't bite or they weren't there. I don't know what the story is, this forum is for info. That being siad I don't think there was any color that out fished the other. We pulled harnesses with bouncers 1 1/2 to 2 oz, 20' to 50' out of the boat. Trolled of drifted with a sock 1 mph to 1.2. We had 6 in our group and pulled atleast 35 between the 6 in the week. I caught all of mine in pink and white with floats and purple. Hope this helps good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Wakina I'm not offended at all I don't blame people for not giving out numbers on the radio, I was drift fishing se kelleys on sunday and had two trollers run their boards into my boat. It can get crowded on the weekends. I will always help people if I can. I'm fishing tomorrow and usually monitor 79 my boats name is the penalty box, I'm like you I will give honest help if peolpe ask me. How about them Canucks scored the winning goal with 18 seconds left in the 3 period. By the way when the trollers ran their boards into my boat I didn't cuss or yell at them I just smiled and waved my hand no problem, it doesn't pay to get upset.

Post Thanks / Like

Default jets and boards together??

When using these jet divers do you put them behind your boards or just on lines by themselves?

Thanks

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Default jet divers and trolling boards together??

When you run these jet divers do you put them behind your boards or by themselves.

Thanks

Bruce