9-24 Perching 9-24 Perching 9-24 Perching 9-24 Perching

Thread: 9-24 Perching

Default 9-24 Perching

9-24 was first time out for the season for me and two boys. Live in Maumee and trailer my boat. Called around night before for shiner availability. Maumee Bait reported availability, Butch and Denny’s yes, Happy Hooker no. Stopped in morning at Maumee Bait, got 2 dozen live and several dozen dead (said most of stock died overnight). Then stopped at Butch and Dennys and got couple more dozen live. All emeralds both places. Launched out of public ramp on anchor point road. BTW there are no porty potties their anymore. Saw another boater saying his trailer went through the south ramp on last visit and had to get help to get it out. Looked Okay now and saw another boat launch for that side, but he was staying clear and using North.
    Saw 2 or 3 boats around intake and couple groups of 15 or so boats north of Metzgers Marsh in 22-24’ water where Butch and Denny’s reported people catching. We tried those areas from 9-11AM, caught 3, was slow. Based on “Water Dog” reports on south of G and nice calm day ran over to that area and caught about 20 more until 3 PM. Did not see anyone catching fast and furious, and my guess was no one was limiting out at least not at that time of day.
    Stopped back in to Butch and Denny’s to check on getting our few cleaned and got them scaled as it was going to take too long. Heard them talking about one job ahead where 8 guys caught 19 lbs.
    Even though we had poor luck, was beautify calm day on the lake and great time with the boys!

Glad you recognize and appreciate time spent on the lake with your boys. I too have said the same after my last couple times out. Tuesday we went a couple miles past intake and fished 6 1/2 hr for just over 2 tickets. Heading out on a Wild Wings charter trip Sunday...hopefully have better luck.

Wow that's a pretty good run from the intake area to G can. At least you had a nice day.

I'm out of Bay View...Maumee river. 30 min boat ride to get past the intake. Never even made it to the A can. Friend of mine tried evening bite and hit 2 ticket limit at the radar bouy...this side of Harbor light on Thursday.

Thanks. For responses. May get out again without running so far. always hard to know what to do when you are not catching, move or wait it out.. Especially true when you have others in the boat and would like them to catch fish!