? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ? ? Far West Report ?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ? Far West Report ?

Hi Guys and Gals,
    Does anyone have a fishing report for the far west end? Anything recent? Looking at Brest bay, bowls harbor, or Luna Pier. Sounds like limits are being taken in ohio waters around the islands, which is very tempting. If worse comes to worse we will head that way. But I'm trying to avoid the extra 2 hours on the road, there and back. And also the extra cash for ohio licenses. Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I've been drifting and casting all over by consumers, luna pier, turtle island, outer light and not having much to report on the positive side. Last year at this time I was catching quite a few. I don't know what my problem is this year. They gotta be in the area still. Not sure how they are doing trolling and really haven't seen all that many people fishing the area. I am getting pretty discouraged. Thinking about trying out by the intake friday. Good luck
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Post Thanks / Like

We could only pick up 2 on Saturday but stony point was not the place to be. Dispite all the other boats that were there with us. Got one report from some guys coming in that did pretty well. They were out from the 3 tall stacks, south of Sterling. I think this is edison. of course I ignored that report Saturday. But we did end up that way Sunday and did quite well. The lake was flat, sun was bright, no cloud cover. We started with trolling bouncers and spinners. My pier savy friend got antsy, sick of catching white bass and sheep head, and put on a little cleo to cast. I rolled my eyes at his inexperience and wouldnt you know he caught the first walleye of the day, on a stupid, glow in the dark, salmon spoon. I decided to try some offshore boards with stick baits and that did great for a few hours. Deep husky jerks and fire tiger hotntots. Twice I had the lure out, line in my had working on attaching the board and hooked up. The stick bait bight slowed, clouds rolled in, and waves picked up. So we switched back to bouncers and spinners. Got our 3 man limit. stayed close to 1.5mph all day. 17-18 fow, we did get into 15 a couple times. But wow do I love lake Erie. Such a blast. The boat ran flawlessly, and even the seagulls ate well behind us, lots of sheep. Will probably go out of bowls next time, less distance to run in the boat. I will attach pictures tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been drifting and casting all over by consumers, luna pier, turtle island, outer light and not having much to report on the positive side. Last year at this time I was catching quite a few. I don't know what my problem is this year. They gotta be in the area still. Not sure how they are doing trolling and really haven't seen all that many people fishing the area. I am getting pretty discouraged. Thinking about trying out by the intake friday. Good luck

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

we went out of sterling sat and sun. sat. went out to 24 fow in front of sterling and got nothing. we kept tring different spots that we catch fish and nothing. tried by fermi too. 5 hours out with zero fish. not even a hit. sunday went out fished in front of edison and got nothing. so i headed south towards the dumping grounds. bingo found the fish northwest of the dumping grounds 22-24 fow. 1.2-1.3mph 1.5 oz inline weights harnesses color did not matter. 22-24 feet behind the boards. 3 man limit in 4.5 hours. all fish were in the 18-22 inch range. lots of white bass and a few sheep. went thru 11 dozen crawlers. bad saturday but great sunday.

so now i am wondering where to go to in the morning? are they back in the bay? heading out from ssp. any idea if the fish are still at the dumping grounds or have they moved again? we have had some weather this week so i am wondering what to do?

any help would be great. and if we find them i will post it.

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! Don't know how I did that. Sorry

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Post Thanks / Like

we went out of sterling and listened to the guy at jeffs bait. went to 14-15 fow . got nothing. went in front of edision and got a few white bass. decided to try by the dumping grounds in 22-24fow. got 7 eyes in the first 45 minutes then it shut down. crawlers 22-25 feet behind inlines at 1.2-1.4mph. caught nothing but white bass after that. went in at 130 pm with 7 eyes. did not get our limit but was a great day.

tried to get back on the walleye but i could not figure it out. raised them lowered them went faster and slower. even tried going different directions. something changed?????? do not know . any help or ideas???

the only thing that i noticed is that when we started to get fish everyone around started trolling rite at us. it turn into a game of dodge-em. why do people always crowd the guy that is catching the fish. there is fish everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we started with nobody around us for 3/4 mile. then bam they are there.

sorry for the rants but it makes me mad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals,
    Does anyone have a fishing report for the far west end? Anything recent? Looking at Brest bay, bowls harbor, or Luna Pier. Sounds like limits are being taken in ohio waters around the islands, which is very tempting. If worse comes to worse we will head that way. But I'm trying to avoid the extra 2 hours on the road, there and back. And also the extra cash for ohio licenses. Any info is appreciated.
    Thanks
    hi
    We have been fishing in brest bay for the past week and getting some eyes and a lot of white bass. got 9 last Saturday and 5 on Tuesday. 15-18 foot of water north of sterling state. 1.2-1.5 with harnesses and 12-16 foot behind the boards. going out in the AM to try it again.

TAKE LOTS OF CRAWLERS

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys for the input, Im bringing some guys down for the weekend. Dont think either of them have been on big water before. Should be fun. Probably stay right in or around brest bay. How did you two end up, MasterKraft, and Hooker Red?
    Tight lines to all on this holiday weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Thanks Guys for the input, Im bringing some guys down for the weekend. Dont think either of them have been on big water before. Should be fun. Probably stay right in or around brest bay. How did you two end up, MasterKraft, and Hooker Red?
    Tight lines to all on this holiday weekend!
    i went out thursday and got 3 and a bunch of whites. not like it was earlier in the week. never found a bunch of fish.going out in the morning and going to try out deeper( 22-24) since they were not biting in shallower (16-22). i heard good reports out there.