Thanks to all who participated Thanks to all who participated Thanks to all who participated Thanks to all who participated
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

First,

I was on the text link up and appreciated the work done by eyefish4food.

I ALMOST got to finally meet you in person at the parking lot madhouse Saturday morning, I was sitting on my sled when you pulled in, I followed you but then you had to pull out and find parking.

I headed for the lake at that point.

For a first timer, it was great to get some of the pointers and have some where to start.

I tried sending some reports, not sure how many got out, I also had lots of cell phone reception/signal issues.

The text network WAS a good idea though.

I'm pretty sure I fished near your group both Friday and Saturday (did one of your guys have a red Eskimo shanty??)

Second, Yes, Friday was brutally cold, I was on the lake at 7:00 but didn't catch my first Lake Erie fish until 1:00 and it was a CATFISH!! LOL!

I did get the text and moved West of Can A late in the day and at 5:50 picked up 2 fish back to back in 5 minutes including one 8 lbser.

Saturday I did end up getting my limit, but didn't get the last one until 6:45.

My hot bait was a #5 jigging rap in parrot color. Caught all 6 fish Saturday on it.
    (Problem was with that small treble hook on Saturday I broke one, had one bite off, and had 4-5 get off about halfway up)

All in all it was an exhausting, but fun trip.

It looks like the weather will stay cold over the next 10 days, and IF the ice holds, I may take another 400 mile run over the weekend of March 7.

I too am hooked on Erie!

THANKS Javier!!
    Last edited by Cheesehead53; 02-22-2015 at 08:35 PM. Reason: additional info