Hey guys,

1st of all let me say thank you to all that participated in the walleye.com outing!!! There were several members that kept us up to date as this was a 1st time event of myself taking a lead on this. Here are a few results from my experience and other info from some of the guys.

Thursday- COLD FRONT.... what can I say... It was brutal out there with high winds gusting to 30mph. Fishing was tougher than ever for us. Went out of Catawba and went to all the places we hit them this past week and nothing. We caught a whole 1 fish. Couple guys that came up Thursday said they had sled issues on Thursday and didn't make it out til the afternoon. Goose egg for them also.

Friday - Talk about COLD!!!!!!!!! -17 when we arrived at Crane Creek... Wind chill.....you can guess that. All I know is that my mustache froze just getting ready in the parking lot. Hahaha. Quite a few more members on the ice. Heard good reports came from A can area. We went there and got 3. Made a move out west and picked up 8 more on the evening bite. Not too bad... just COLD as heck!!! A few guys got on them and limited out by A can.

Saturday - Felt like SPRING... A high of 33 degrees... WOW!!! What a difference that made for us. CRANE CREEK... A MADHOUSE!!! We got there at 6:10 and I have never seen it so crowded. Headed toward A can again. Marked a lot of fish and couldn't get them going. Made a move about a quarter mile and bingo! moved at 11 and had a limit by 11:30. Sent everyone gps numbers. Afishhawk and 2 buddies showed up and by the time they got there they ended up catching 4 and losing one. Some guys didn't get my numbers until 2 hours later. That's how bad phone service was out there. Superseal you were in the area and sorry that you didn't get my text until after you made that big move. We met up at the Mexican restaurant that evening and had some nice conversations with Afishhawk. Heck of a nice guy. I was hoping to meet more people out there in person. Met Deaa69 out there on the ice just driving around hunting for fish. Shook hands and as you know it... another great guy!

Sunday - Decent temps... Not too cold just a lot of snow on the ground. As I knew it.... those gps numbers drew a crowd of about an extra 100 shantys. I know we didn't have but 19 phone numbers in our network. I know there were a lot of leeches out there!!! You know who you are. People were driving within 15 yards of my shanty. It was ridiculous!!! Anyways fish were there and we were marking... just no takers. It was tough morning with all the traffic coming through those fish got spooky as heck. Had a deadstick rod and fish would show up to it at the 18 foot range and as soon as you pick up the rod they were gone!!! My buddies that were not in the network actually put us on the fish Saturday. They got limits from there! Nice job.

To sum it all up.... I had a blast and so did my buddies from KY that came up. They are definitely hooked on Erie!!! It sounded like some of the guys caught some really nice fish. If you guys can keep this thread going please when you can, upload a couple of pics on here of your nice catches. I will do the same. Just to share with all the other guys on the forum that could not make it out there. I did find that 2 way radios were working well. We were on channel 7 communicating as the cell service was bad. I did find an Auger cover if anyone lost one let me know. I hope we can all do this again soon!!! Even though that 2 of the 4 days were not productive for us.... we still came home with a nice bag of fish! Good luck to everyone out there and be safe!!! Thanks again to all who participated in this network. I was a great time!!!