It was just a short 4 hour trip this morning, for perch. The forecast was calling for SW winds... building as the day went on. The perch reports were decent between Kelly's and the mainland, so we launched out of Mazurik's at 6:30am to try and locate some.

The first spot was slow, but we did catch one there (and, and catfish...meow!). We picked up and moved over in front of Lakeside, and the bite was decent, and then it slowed way down. We moved again towards the light house, but didn't catch any over there, and moved one last time towards the mid channel on the SE corner of Kelly's.

In that last spot, I noticed a strange current running through there, and it was making it difficult to keep the baits where we wanted them. The Terrova's Spot Lock was doing it's job, but the current was messing with the presentation, so we moved back to in front of Lakeside, where we caught the bulk of our catch today.

After we got back there, a lot of the boats were picking up and moving north to deeper water.... and, that strange current was now over in the area we had previously fished. It wasn't doing that this morning, and I'm wondering if that isn't what suddenly shut them off earlier? Maybe the fish moved deeper to move out of that strange current that was going against the natural flow of the lake, I don't know...it's just a guess.

We ended up with only 38, which isn't gang busters, but they caught enough for their fish fry with other family members tonight, so they were happy. They want to come back next year for a walleye trip.

Looks like the forecast for tomorrow is a "blow day", so my next trip is scheduled for Wednesday (walleye)

Stay tuned....
http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html

Capt Juls
.TONIGHT...SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY LATE. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET BUILDING TO 2 TO 4
FEET.
.MONDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS. SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET.
.MONDAY NIGHT...WEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHWEST AND
DIMINISHING TO 5 TO 10 KNOTS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET SUBSIDING TO 1 TO
3 FEET.