Sunday 05/25/14 Sunday 05/25/14 Sunday 05/25/14 Sunday 05/25/14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sunday 05/25/14

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday 05/25/14

Got a late start this morning, had to go get license for my son and grandson who were visiting from KY. We got our first lines in the water about 9:30 this morning, almost halfway between A Can and B Can but still in the firing range and SE of the pack at A can.

We trolled to the NW at 1.5 to 1.7 GPS speed, tru-trip 40s at 25 to 30 back off of inline boards. We took 19 eyes with probably 20+ white bass and only 2 farm animals and a couple of white perch.

Even mix of spoons and harnesses. Purple colored spoons with copper backs did the damage for the spoons and Gold Brown with gold back hatchet blades, Rainbow shiner with silver back hatchet blades, Bad Doo hatchet blades by Tommy Harris, Toe Jam Hatchet blades by Tommy Harris and Pretty Panties hatchet blades by Silver Streak all blades were size 6.

Slow pick with every thing we had out catching at least 1 fish there was no pattern except speed and drop length. Largest was 26" smallest 19". Beautiful day on the lake and especially rewarding for me with my son and 2 grandsons.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Nothing beats making memories with the family. I still remember heading out with my dad in the Lyman in the late 70's casting helions.

What boards were you running your jets off of ? I got some tru-trip 30s but I haven't tested them with the offshore boards yet, not sure if it will be to much drag....

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the church walleye boards several years ago only because they had the pin in the back. I have upgraded to the TX 22 boards and have been very satisfied with them. They handle the tru-trip 40s in an ok fashion but I don't think I would want to pull anything larger. I needed an extra set of boards today so I broke out one pair of the original church walleye boards that I bought several years ago, they also handled the tru-trip 40s.

I have nothing against the Offshore brand of inline boards and most probably had I bought them first I would still be using their products instead of church boards.

I also have a pair of the Church TX 44 boards but am not at all fond of them as they pull to hard for the medium wt rods that I like to use for walleye fishing.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip