Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Reellivin

I was critical of you in earlier replies to this thread! I fully accept your explanation and would like to welcome you to the site. I would also like to offer you a heartfelt apology and wish you and MEPP'S Tackle all the best. May your lines stay tight and your coolers full.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKraft View Post
    Its funny that you actually publicly posted that you only kept the ones you brought in the boat foul hooked, or in other words illegal.
    i did not know that!
    we try to keep any gill hooked or heavy bleeders or fouled if they look like they won't make it and are over the measure limit.
    if that is illegal, that sounds really silly to me but oh well, dealing with regulations is always a challenge......

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I could believe it on those days I know the weekend after that I was doing decent just North of Rattlesnake, weekend before they where everywhere begging to be caught.

Last weekend I would of been shocked, I heard 10 walleye caught between 3 boats on Sunday around rattlesnake and they did not report too many more boats up there. Last weekend was tough but as I told the customers days like that make you a better fisherman. As someone mentioned a lot of really good charter captains ended up with zero or in the single digits.

I was happy to get what I got, I mean did you see the size of that walleye in that picture, at least 14 foot.

As for Mepps, use to use those a lot trout fishing as a kid in PA. Would not mind getting a few larger ones for some pike in East Harbor since somebody keeps telling me they are in there, I got a kayak ready for action this summer. I would try the harnesses for walleye but DJ would probably kill me.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I am misunderstanding the phrase gill hooked, to me it sounds like snagging. I totally agree there is no sense in throwing a fish to the seagulls but odnr frowns on fish kept not hooked from the inside of themouth. Maybe you are referring to a second treble on a rr or ddhj. By the way nice catch on that 14 footer. Talk about fish ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKraft View Post
    Its funny that you actually publicly posted that you only kept the ones you brought in the boat foul hooked, or in other words illegal.

He said, "gill hooked" not "foul hooked". Big difference! Gill hooked means the hook was inside the fish's mouth, deep down in the gills, making it bleed. Nothing illegal about that.

Foul hooked would be where the hooks are on top of the head, in the fish's side, or tail, etc.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha, Juls. After I thought about my post for another minute I kinda thought that's what they meant. You can tell I get down to the river more than I get out on the lake. I did go out today for a bit out by outer light. Found a pack of boats but didn't see any netting action. I didn't stay long figuring the wind would be picking up as usual.