Mon 9-30 West Sister Mon 9-30 West Sister Mon 9-30 West Sister Mon 9-30 West Sister
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyhags View Post
    Chum, how is the water looking in the 18 to 20 FOW . Grass/Mud? Thanks, Jon
    Jon... When we were out Mon had to get about a mile N of West Sister to get into good looking water. Even then there was some algae. Everything south was plenty muddy and algae, mean looking water. But that was Mon... for sure the mud has settled some since. Doubt if algae has changed much yet. Miss the satellite photos.....

Post Thanks / Like

The mud had settled within a few mile radius of West Sister on Wednesday, and the algae in that area was mild. Fished 26 FOW and water temp was 70 degrees. Anything west of Toledo Lighthouse is dirty, combo of mud and algae. Yesterday, I fished 1 mile north of the lighthouse for 2 hours and caught 3 yellows (all over 10"), but the action was very slow. Still a lot of white perch. On another note, I'm seeing and marking a ton a baitfish. I'm hoping this draws the walleyes from the east.

Post Thanks / Like

Heading out this afternoon and Saturday looking for some eyes, will report back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyhags View Post
    Heading out this afternoon and Saturday looking for some eyes, will report back.
    Last trip when I was at the cleaners 3 guys came in with 17 walleyes they told me they were fishing around the kidney. Just thought I would let you know. I would have tried them but I cant troll yet. I just did a repower in the boat and cant troll with it till I get 20hrs on the engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Went perch fishing all around west sister Wednesday and didn't do as well this trip. Move 5 times and caught perch at every place and mark a lot of fish. We just couldn't get them going good. The bite was slow and a lot of small perch. We caught our limit but didn't keep anything under 8 inches and only kept 90 perch. They weighed 30 lbs. at the cleaner. 4 of us on this trip fished from 9am till 3, it was really slow compared to last week out there.