Don't be stupid Don't be stupid Don't be stupid Don't be stupid
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't be stupid

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't be stupid

I like getting my boat checked and the sticker added asap every year so when I saw the watercraft officer checking boats at Catawba State Park I got excited and waved him over knowing I had everything in order so it should be a quick and easy check. Wrong! What is the first thing you should say when you are approached by any officer of the law when you are a CCW permit holder? Identify yourself as such immediately, not well into a friendly conversation. This act of stupidity could have landed me in jail and ruined a perfectly good day of fishing. Fortunately for me, Jason Beard, the state watercraft officer I am referring to, let me go with a stern warning, well deserved, and I apologized to him profusely and with this post, I would like to do so again. Gentlemen, know the law, act accordingly and don't be stupid like Dr. Ed.
    Now on to my report. I trolled from "E" can north toward "D" can. I didn't limit out but the fish I caught came off DDRR CheapSunglasses and Pink Lemonade back 55' at 1.6 mph. It sure felt good to see walleye coming to the Holly Lucas again. I'm still looking for clean water. Any help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oops

Glad it worked out fine. DNR guys are cool if you show them proper respect. Clean Water? Best I heard was NE corner firing range

Post Thanks / Like

Default whats ccw

what is a ccw permit. we got 10 in bay Tuesday going east tomorrow will report then

Post Thanks / Like

CCW permit is a license to carry a concealed weapon, aka firearm, on your person.

Post Thanks / Like

Was checked last year by ODNR at Beef Creek. Told him immediately that I had ccw and was armed. He ask where it was and I told him. All went fine from there on which it should.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ccw

ALWAYS notify officers if your carrying. It's better to be straight up rather then have them find a gun on your person. I always have mine on me.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dr. Ed

Were you carrying ? If not, it's none of his business that your a CCW licensee. If you were, it really shouldn't matter as you approached him, you weren't stopped for any reason. That's why it's called concealed. Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Yes please tell us you had your weapon otherwise no need to inform.

Post Thanks / Like

I was informed in my CCW class that I MUST inform any officer regardless if I was carrying or not.
    Rookie Perch fisher, veteran Perch eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes you must tell any uniformed official no matter if you are carrying or not. if they run your licence plate or drivers license they will know. i got pulled over without a gun in the vehicle and didnt say anything that was the wrong move. so weather you think you shouldnt have to tell them or not do yourself a favor and tell them first thing i guarantee it will make your run in with the law a better experience