Paradise Acres Paradise Acres Paradise Acres Paradise Acres
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paradise Acres

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grayleef View Post
    Channel 84 great idea.I am at m23 beside cart path,have the Thompson flybridge.I am also a charter boat captain.We have been at Paradise Acres for 23 years and have seen many different characters.We still love it here!Most of you probably seen me sitting on the pad with my best friend on my lap(my pug).this year I'll be without him,he passed on 3-1-12 he was 12.My wife said you still have me! Hope we all have a great year.See ya soon Capt.Jim Kelly
    Capt.Jim:
    I am sure sorry for your loss, pets are definatly part of ones family. I am going to miss seeing you take your dog for those walks, always love to see people walking their pets, have talked to you a good many times as you walked by. We have the 2 Bishon's just up the street from you. Will see you in the spring.
    Derald
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

At A-52. All the way at the south end. Met you wakina couple of years ago..Sandy introduced us. Was good talken with you thena Always lookn for more information!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Truck Bud View Post
    Years ago I used to dock at Floro's and go out the Toussaint. Somtimes the water depth was an issue in the river and at the mouth. Is it ok going out of Paradise even with a south wind these days?
    Not exactly, the river is deep enough and Beef Creek was dredged last year so it is not a real problem. But since they tried to change the channel from the river mouth to the deep water in the lake the new channel likes to close up with a good NE blow, it goes mostly straight out now and not along the beach. It has to be dredged several times a year to keep it deep enough. Yes a South wind helps lower the water in that channel from river to lake.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what was going on out front last year late fall? Several crews out along the beach toward Perry walking in the lake 20-30 yards out, a bunch of survey type markers along the beach, and they had a green channel marker installed out front of the channel. Was hoping for sometype of improvements???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by put View Post
    Does anyone know what was going on out front last year late fall? Several crews out along the beach toward Perry walking in the lake 20-30 yards out, a bunch of survey type markers along the beach, and they had a green channel marker installed out front of the channel. Was hoping for sometype of improvements???
    Not a clue, but I have been told several times by several Marina owners that the Army Corps of Engineers will not make any improvements or approve any private improvements but will only allow dredging.

Beef Creek maintains the channel marker bouys from river to lake. The law is very restrictive on the dredging operation from the mouth of the river to the end of the channel marker bouys.

We need a break wall extending out to deeper water, but that will probably never happen. The natural channel that was maintained by mother nature is no longer there, years ago it ran along the beach at an angle out into the lake to the east for quite a little ways then you could turn left out into the lake without problems. The channel area now was a sandbar at that time and every time a NE wind blows it trys to return to its natural state.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was hoping was maybe a study to prove that a break wall was needed. Had a bunch of guys tell me that back in the day that the Toussaint was the busiest channel until the problems with the depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Was told they are looking for unexploded shells from Camp Perry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    Was told they are looking for unexploded shells from Camp Perry.
    You are most likely right.
    In the early 80's There were mortor shells that were aluminum in color about 1 ft or a little longer 4 or 5 inches around that either floated or were washed back into the beach. At that time we were allowed to park behind the small arms target barrier at Camp Perry located along the lake after getting permission from the CO on duty. We would walk from the western end of Camp Perry along the beach to a marsh that was located behind an arms manufacturer and tester (Aries Inc), to go duck hunting, I don't know if they are still there. Anyhow the beach would have those mortor shells laying around some partly buried and some in plain site. We were warned by the CO at Camp Perry not to mess with them because some of them were live but unexploded and some were completely harmless. We took his word for it and left them alone.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS

Post Thanks / Like

Makes since as to what they were doing......Bummer at the same time!! Thanks for info. Wakina do you know when docks are going in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by put View Post
    Makes since as to what they were doing......Bummer at the same time!! Thanks for info. Wakina do you know when docks are going in?
    They left them in all winter! If they haven't taken them out in the last 2 weeks they are still in.
    Last edited by wakina; 03-06-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS