Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report Maumee Bay Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Maumee Bay Report

Went out yesterday. Launched from Bolles Harbor. Luna Pier Harbor Club is in process of dredging thier channel. Started fishing at 8:00 AM and fished till 4:00 PM. Buddy got impatient. I would have stayed till dark to see if they turned on BUT! or BUTT? The water is still a smidge dirty. Allot better than last week though. We foul hooked 2. Fished the drop off 9-13 FOW & Nothing. Went out to 14-17 FOW and marked a scad of fish but they would not bite. This is where we foul hooked 2. Moved again to 300 yards west of last channel marker before the lighthouse and nothing. Crossed over freight channel to the humps east of weather bouy and nothing. Went to 3 different waypoints out and around little cedar point from previous years and nothing. As far as water clarity???? We were using a variety of colors and could only see the jig 2" under water. After 2" it was gone. I don't consider that prime water clarity, even for this time of year. I also used Cicadas & Sonars for vibration. Maybe??? Nothing! Casted some rattling deep diving body baits and guess what???? Nothing. The majority of the fish we marked were suspended 4-6ft up off the bottom. Schools of 30-40 fish.
    I think everyday gets us closer to valhalla. It's one of those things that you gotta go, cuz ya just dont know when it will start and it is very very very close. I will go again this weekend because the water is clearing up and I love to jig fish, but I will move to the reef area and put in my trolling gear in case we have to go to deeper water to find cleaner water, and fish suspended walleyes. Hate to do it, but I am hungry for a "fresh" walleye dinner.
    P.S. Saw no nets swing except mine and when we did we had 10 boats jump all over us. What does that tell ya?

C Ya on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

The reef area is the answer. We were out yesterday and started at little cedar and kept going east til we hit clean(er) water. Ended up right in front of Besse about a mile out on turtle reef. Lotsa fish marks and lotsa nets over the side. Two of us ended up boating 6 nice chunky fresh eyes. Good luck to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Purple

Oh by the way, purple jigs only. Tried every other color we had on the boat and purple was the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down gas prices

how bad are the gas prices .where i live the gas is up to 3.50/gal ? would i be better to get my boat gas up there? thanks

LongBeachHogHunter Guest

Filled up at wild wings marina for 3.67. On the plus side there is a cute girl manning the pumps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Cedar Point

Gas 3.59 at Meinke's,still muddy,but getting better at the shipping channel,the water is cleaner in front of state park,yesterday got 3 limits there,today got 7 fish on black or purple 7'fow

Post Thanks / Like

Default gas

i dont went to say it but that may keep us in home town more then erie for eye that bites to our eye are way hard to catch what can we do about the gas prices stop fishing not.it is 3.53 here

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Empty Tanks weigh less

Jig, Always best to trailer empty gas tanks. Buy gas before launching at street price. We all know how that varies,so it is your call. I'm heading to the reef right now @ 5:25AM

reel tite Guest

fished friday all day off of rattle snake .pulling spoons and got nothing but we marked a ton of fish ,there had to be 300 other boats out there .we moved towards mouse island and kaboom they started to jump in the boat we got 7 nice eyes in the cooler with a hour and then it was like someone turned off the switch.i would say not a bad day purple spoons big ones

Post Thanks / Like

Default gas

thanks 69 see where i live we have to get gas before we go to the lake here the lake dont have gas where we put in.