Went out yesterday. Launched from Bolles Harbor. Luna Pier Harbor Club is in process of dredging thier channel. Started fishing at 8:00 AM and fished till 4:00 PM. Buddy got impatient. I would have stayed till dark to see if they turned on BUT! or BUTT? The water is still a smidge dirty. Allot better than last week though. We foul hooked 2. Fished the drop off 9-13 FOW & Nothing. Went out to 14-17 FOW and marked a scad of fish but they would not bite. This is where we foul hooked 2. Moved again to 300 yards west of last channel marker before the lighthouse and nothing. Crossed over freight channel to the humps east of weather bouy and nothing. Went to 3 different waypoints out and around little cedar point from previous years and nothing. As far as water clarity???? We were using a variety of colors and could only see the jig 2" under water. After 2" it was gone. I don't consider that prime water clarity, even for this time of year. I also used Cicadas & Sonars for vibration. Maybe??? Nothing! Casted some rattling deep diving body baits and guess what???? Nothing. The majority of the fish we marked were suspended 4-6ft up off the bottom. Schools of 30-40 fish.
I think everyday gets us closer to valhalla. It's one of those things that you gotta go, cuz ya just dont know when it will start and it is very very very close. I will go again this weekend because the water is clearing up and I love to jig fish, but I will move to the reef area and put in my trolling gear in case we have to go to deeper water to find cleaner water, and fish suspended walleyes. Hate to do it, but I am hungry for a "fresh" walleye dinner.
P.S. Saw no nets swing except mine and when we did we had 10 boats jump all over us. What does that tell ya?

C Ya on the water.