Left Bass Haven Marina on East Harbor this morning and headed west towards Green Island. Not much wind but a lot of boat wakes made for a rough ride. Lots of boats fishing for perch on the NE side of Green so I went west of Green to drift for walleye. Drifted about an hour and only had one bite so I moved north to the west side of Rattlesnake. Picked up one small walleye about 17" in 45mins so I picked up and moved to West Reef on the west side of North Bass. Picked up one more small walleye and a couple of huge sheephead. Moved all around the reef area trying to find fish but no more walleye. Moved to the north side of North Bass Island where there was about 25 boats. Picked up another small walleye but lost it at the boat, didn't matter because I wasn't keeping them anyway.

Fished for a total of 5 hours and had 3 small walleye to show for it. Filled the boat up at the marina and spent $111 on fuel the last two trips out and nothing to show for it. I've never had this much trouble finding walleye, EVER. Listening to the radio it was the same story for most boats, seemed like everyone had picked up 1 or 2 walleye but a lot of complaining going on.

I hate trolling but it seems like that is the only way to catch walleye this year. I keep reading the fishing reports and I head right to the areas that people have reported good catches and I can't get $hit! I'm really getting sick of wasting my time, money, and effort for nothing. I would even be happy to get into a school of sheephead if you can believe that.

Taking out some friends tomorrow and if it's the same story I'm done until mid September.

Russ