Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09. Walleye fishing report for islands area 8/15/09.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default stop it

stop fighting and tell me where to find the jumbo perch and ill tell you where the walleye are. there is fish off crane creek walleye 12 18 ft and perch 20-22 ft trollers are doing better then casters lots of trollers getting limits we been perching and getting limits usally 4 hours 4 guys lots of 7 inch fish we weed them out and watch the trollers net fish right by us ill try the bottom bouncers we killed them there this spring late may with pink harnesses on 4 ounce bouncers on the lee way side of the boat caught 100 in 3 days but that was then what i want is 9-13 inch perch on the western basin seems like last year we caught so many small ones i was saying man next year will be great but they are just as small we must be the hatchery on this end of the lake where is the jumbos last time out 4 man limit 18 pounds not that great but there is fish in the cooler

Post Thanks / Like

last weekend fished out west of north bass,there were boats trolling and boats perching...caught a four man limit in as many hours.lots of nice ones.at least one limit between 9 and 12 inches

Post Thanks / Like

Smile decent perch

fish sat aug. 15, 30 ft. water 1/2 mile northwest of green island, 12 man limit
    of perch 63 lbs. 7.5 to 13 inch perch, right on bottom, perch cleaned and wieghed at butch and denneys if any non belivers. maney witness.

walleyewacker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wayne johnson View Post
    fish sat aug. 15, 30 ft. water 1/2 mile northwest of green island, 12 man limit
    of perch 63 lbs. 7.5 to 13 inch perch, right on bottom, perch cleaned and wieghed at butch and denneys if any non belivers. maney witness.
    Wayne-

12 man limit equals, if my math is correct, 300 perch. 63 lbs for 300 perch means you had 6 to 8 inch perch, not 7.5 to 13 inch perch. A decent cooler of perch will average 3 to a pound this time of year and latter it will be about 2.5 fish per pound. The number of fish is beliveable, not the size for the weight you say you had. Or you might want the cleaners to check the accuracy of their scales.

TRAPPER Guest

Default Perchwacker?

Since when are you a perchwacker?.....You allstar you.

boatdoc Guest

Default Walleye and perch action.

Hi all, first post here. Sorry to see all the bickering. There is good walleye fishing down here in the Huron to lorain area. Walleye in shallow water from Cranberry creek to the castle and again up on and east of the sand bar. Midle lat lon = 34 to 36 north and 32 to 35 west is good.

Perch all over in front of huron river, vermillion river and up on top of the sand bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile calling you out

you can say anything you want, but i've been fishing the lake since 1963, have caught a lot more fish then you will ever catch, eaeach captain has his own size limit, on drawbrige its 7.5 and larger, on other captains it 8.5 and larger, on our person boat it 9 inch or larger for perch and 18 inches or larger
    for walleyes, and we have no problem filling our freezer with our standards,
    you just have to fish a little harder, and spend a little more on gas were the bigger ones live, any time you want to find out were real fish live let me know, and far as clean station goes, 5 perch per lb is avg, 2 fish per lb. are
    10 to 12 inch fish, I KNOW I won a perch tour last year, 10 perch 9.25 lbs
    and the fish were 11 to 13 inch on cert. scale. all caught in the western basin
    behined west sister, 100 perch that day wiegh 47lbs.