Western Basin Western Basin Western Basin Western Basin
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Basin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Western Basin

Heading out of Meinke West tomorrow morning. Haven’t been on the water size early March because of daughters travel softball. Looking for a starting point not asking for any exact locations. Want to get my guys on fish. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Western Basin

Drives me nuts that most "western basin" reports start at the bass islands which is practically central basin. I can tell you that last week we were marking a lot of fish about 1/2 mile to 1 mile north of the water intake. Caught my share but it was slow and waves got out of hand by 10:30. Good luck and tell your meinke friends to post some info for us Toledo folks who don't care about Lorain!

Post Thanks / Like

So what are you looking to catch? I was out perching today with my wife and we got 45 or so about 1 1/4 miles west of B can. Action picked up significantly around noon. Average size was 9 - 10 inches. I don’t have a line on walleye as I haven’t been out

Post Thanks / Like

Western basin to me is from Michigan to islands. Used to mate out of Meinke growing for about 10 years. Going to be good going back to stomping grounds. We are even going to start out casting then troll if have too. I can’t report much bc I can’t go much anymore (kids softball.) I will however report tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Was out last Saturday just a couple miles east and north of the intake. Perch were hot, lots of guys trolling the same area for eyes. Great marks around 22-23' depth. Gonna try tomorrow and see if they are still there.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be out tomorrow loomis…. Undecided If I’m gonna launch with you or go to Mazurick

Post Thanks / Like

Out for Perch this morning, calm and buggy !! Not much fun, worst part is I forgot my bug suit ! About 11, what tiny breeze was there started swinging toward the south so....it became dead still and the perch turned off completely. Ended up with 15 decent perch, no biggies, one sheep and 5 dinkies. Enough for a meal, but will keep the bug suit on hand. Usual place, 22' of water between WS island and Metzger marsh. Intake had lots of boats but no idea how they were catching.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished northwest of the intake and it was pretty good. Only ran 0 dipseys 55 and 65 back one setting and 80 and 90 back 3 setting. By far best spoon was Nascar followed by happy hooker

Post Thanks / Like

We trolled the area North and Weat of the intake. Ran a wide variety throughout the day. Best was spoons behind dipsys and tripZ diver 40’s off the corners of the boat. We had those set at 35-50 back…. 35 early 50 later. Mid day spoon bite slowed up so I threw out some Bandits, did well on those from 90-125 Back. Speed was 2.7-3.1. Ended with 24 fish. Lots of shorts and a few big sheep. Great day with the family and kids.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry - where is the intake?