Following A Boat Trolling Following A Boat Trolling Following A Boat Trolling Following A Boat Trolling
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Following A Boat Trolling

Last year I was trolling and was in the process of landing one. Before I did I looked around and saw no boats headed my way from either side. All boats I did see were parallel. I just pulled in the fish looked up and saw a boat headed my way. The boat had big boards out with no poles in the water. I put the motor in neutral and he still kept coming at me. He had plenty of room just decided he didn’t have to avoid me. Obviously they were turning. When turning be considerate of other boats. As I watched this guy he was zig zagging thru the pack of boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Following A Boat Trolling

Pretty sure we were all dealing with the same boat. Big boards out WIDE, probably making a sweep at least 75 - 85 feet on each side. Boards were riding VERY low in the water and at times were hardly visible. They were wood boards unpainted and acted like they were waterlogged. We nearly got caught in the board line and it just missed us ....barely. No flags. Trolled right through the pack with complete disregard for other boats. People were scrambling to get out of his way. Everyone was yelling at them and they just smiled and waved back. There is no place for that kind of behavior on the lake. There are plenty of fish and lots of space for everyone. We try to stay away from big packs of boats and find our own fish, be safe and have fun.