Mylar Balloons Mylar Balloons Mylar Balloons Mylar Balloons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mylar Balloons

Default Mylar Balloons

Holy Cow,

What is with all the Maylar balloons on the lake? I bet there was 20 of them East of Kellys Tuesday.

There were a bunch of them out there the weekend before when I went North out of Huron.

I find these darn things all over the place. I have a woods East of Ft. Wayne, you find them things stuck in the trees and on the ground and they are just like a heavy plastic bag that will hang around forever. I would think this would be a big no no any more?

I'm not a tree hugger by any means but this is not much different than throwing non bio trash out the window.

Kent
    Last edited by pimplepounder; 07-15-2020 at 10:58 PM.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Agreed. I see a few each time I'm out and try to net them if I can. People who release them don't think about where they end up.
    FUBAR1
    New Philadelphia, Ohio

"I get my walleye gear online at PHDtackle.com."

It has been unreal then numbers of balloons I have seen in the lake this year.

yep I picked one up over the 4th East of Kelley's too!

Iv seen a few myself out of Huron , Vermillion area and always take a closer look to make sure it's no more then a balloon. I would call it littering !

Yes Joedog I agree on taking a look.. The first couple I saw I did. I picked them up. I thought they could be something like a life preserver But the other day it was pretty obvious.. Must be happening after weddings is my guess. Mabey bride and groom should get a special gift from ODNR...

You are correct to think a wedding ceremony could be the source.Have seen people release balloons after the ceremony before.

Bob,
    Perhaps with the pandemic, there is a lot of pent up reasons for young couples to celebrate a bit more, seeing that things were really locked down pretty tight on gatherings. I know of a few couples who had their wedding plans dashed. So if that is the case, I will cut them a bit of slack.

I think it would be better if they just rented a charter for a day, said their vows, and then got a couple tickets.

But hey that's just me.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Yeah,that would be the perfect start for a married couple.Go out on a fishing charter.Then you can find out if your new bride cleans and cooks your fish for you.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Yeah,that would be the perfect start for a married couple.Go out on a fishing charter.Then you can find out if your new bride cleans and cooks your fish for you.
    If you don’t know that before the wedding.... let’s just call it poor planning.