I came across this site awhile back and was amazed at the shared information. I ran a charter in the far western basin during the 1990's and early 2000's before retiring and selling the 30' Baha and moving into a smaller boat. During that time in the W.B.C.B.A, we ran grid charts and a radio code, the western basin was dissected on a map into squares with each square given a number. If you were on a hot spot, you would radio the other captains, give them your grid number, followed by a last number that was the tickets (limits) you had in the cooler. The other captions would look at their chart for your location and decide if the move was beneficial for them. The grid charts were for association use only, and if the captain or his mate allowed it to be copied or shared with their fishing buddies, well..... Not good!
This site has captains, mates and anyone who fishes sharing information to help each other out and I think that's a great thing. We have been blessed with a great fishery and sharing information for all to succeed is a wonderful thing.
Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of this great site.