Quote Originally Posted by JBD's Regina Marie View Post
Great report, thank you. I love that spot. Wish it was 3 hours earlier. I tried 3 spots from green to Lucy's with good marks and no takers. We did get out late though. No lines in until 10am.
Fished Sat and Sunday With Capt Rick Chrystal R Joy 1 of 2 captains i fish with about 15-20 trips a year. Saturday was a little rough out there. We fished between Kelly and Monument closer to monument an further North. The waves made it hard to feel the bite it was so lite. Had to leave bait on the bottom or they would not even look at it. Finished with 65 and 21 pounds at the cleaners in 5 hours. Inline modified version of Skipper 9 rig with a high vis green line. They seem to prefer this color line the last couple trips over stand blue mono. No throw backs and very few farm animals all good fish in 9-11 inch range and all Very Fat.

Sunday 8/27 same area only a little further North Great Marks. Waves were much better and so was the bit. It was still very lite and still had to leave it on the bottom . Used Pin emerald minnows and that was the ticket they preferred these over regular size even if i cut them in half or even 1/3. The morning bite was phenomenal up and down for first 3 hours then the wind died and so did the bite. when the wind picked back up a little the bite did also. Still a lot of come and go with the schools but when you saw them on sonar they were hitting. 6 limits done by 1pm 55 pound at the cleaners. 3 small throwback perch 7 inch dozen farm animals and 6 happy fisherman. last 3 weeks have been rough to get limits.

Next trip is Sept 2nd with Capt Jerry on Playin Hooky

I again want to thank everyone on this Forum. The information you have taught me is priceless. It would take me years to learn the tricks and tactics you have taught me in a couple years. I Read it everyday to see who and how you are all doing out there. Good Luck and Safe fishing.