Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
I recently bought blanks from "lake erie walleye candy" but the site Wakina mentioned seems to have better prices. Thanks for sharing Wakina!
I have yet to fish with them, but I have been painting spoons / blades with fingernail polish and they look really nice. A glitter clear coat over each painted blade really turns the colors on. I plan on having my spare blank blades and paint collection with me on the water so that if a color gets hot I can make up some new ones in less that a half hour or so.
I'd have never thought I'd see "Nail Polish" on the checklist for a fishing trip, but I like the thought of making my own (especially with the cost of the Michigan Stinger spoons). How well does the nail polish adhere to the blanks? Do you leave the back of the spoon bare silver or paint that as well?

So much to take in, but I'd be very interested in doing this as I felt like it was a crapshoot when I was picking out spoons, plus I've only got one of each color so if that's the only one picking up fish I can't put more of it out.