Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to get an engine rebuilt?

We had to have our engine rebuilt and are having no luck. We took it to a place in Upper Sandusky that has rebuilt other engines for us. Took it to them in Jan 8th and finally got it back April 29th. Put the boat in the water on May 27th. Pulled it back out on May 27th. They put the wrong cam in. Pulled the engine took it back to them and we got it back on June 4. Put it back in the water this past weekend wasn't on the water on hour (only 2.5 miles out) we hear BANG, BANG, BANG got it shut off immediately. Needless to say we had to be towed in and the boat is back on the trailer.

Looking for somewhere to take it that can get it right the first time. Any recommendation would be great!

The engine is a Chrysler 318.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd contact the BBB that is total BS

Heard nothing but good things about Happy Days Marine

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, we will give them a call.

I agree it is TOTAL BS. All we want to do is get on the water and GO FISHIN'. He said he would give us our money back, but not reimburse us for the time it is going to take to pull the engine again, the hoist, hauling it back to the lake for it not to work.

Thanks Again!

Post Thanks / Like

Default engine

Not to start a debate on who has better mechanics, I would look into drawbridge marina, go in and talk to Steve they Pathe brothers will work on it and will give you an honest answer on your best options and outcomes. You wont be displeased they are honest guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Dreamcatcher

I take it that you have had work done there and was pleased. Our minds are so boggled right now, we don't know what to do. Starting to feel, by time we get the boat running - it will be winter or we will be out of funds to be able to go.

We will give Steve a call - Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

EP June
    Yes over the years have had a lot of work done with them, did an internship with them when I was in high school, and continue to go back to them when I have any marine issues or just need advice on anything in regards to boats. They are the type of guys that wont bull **** you, and information is free... if you know what i mean. Take care good luck man

Post Thanks / Like

Default engine rebuild

Griffs Engines in Sandusky does a great job . He has a dynamo that he runs the engines on before you get it back. If he can't break it on there it's good to go

Post Thanks / Like

Default 318 motor.

Hi there. sorry to hear about your bad luck with the motor. my recomendation is buy a new short block and put your own heads and other parts back on it. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

After it being a total loss I wouldnt even put the heads back on it, Get a long block, put the intake back on and go... Cant tell you about mechanics in your area as I am in central Indian. I am an auto mechanic and after I get a car that has been ruined by someone that doesnt know what they are doing it is best just to start over. Then you have no debris left from your heads let alone3 have they been hit by the pistons and possibly cracked

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Engine Rebuilds

Sorry to hear about your situation we hear this story seems like every day now , as a shop owner and Tech I have seen the best solution is a Jasper reman engine we have used them for 20 years + , very little problems and if there is they will cover both parts and labor for re doing the job . I have been to there plant for a tour its a top notch facility and they even flew me and my manager there in corporate plane !
    We sell Jasper engines and lower units install them and highly recomend there prouducts .

Let me know what your engine is and I will send you a price on engine asy. you can have it at our cost , they come with 18 month parts and labor and I believe they have an additional service plan available, for an idea of the price here is what a typical 350 chevrolet v8 is remember if the engine is to bad a core charge may be imposed ,NM | E | Mercruiser | 5.7 | 726910

350 V8 CHEV TIN OIL PAN

List Price: 2266.00
    Dealer Price: 1813.00 Core Charge: 360.00
    Skid Charge: 15.00
    Premium Service Plan Price: 395.00
    Include Premium Service Plan: PSP MARINE ENGINES $75 MAX LABPSP MARINE ENGINES $95 MAX LABPSP MARINE ENGINES$125 MAX LAB
    (Premium Service Plan Exclusions: This program excludes gas engines, diesel engines, transmissions, transfer cases and differentials in applications larger than 1-ton.)

You can call us at 614-478-9046 ask for Mike or Tim , ck us out at www.mobilemikesautoservice.com again sorry about the lost boating season, painting and doing interior on my boat so have not been out this year either either .
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 10-29-2011 at 06:17 AM.