Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt? Where to get an engine rebuilt?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

After it being a total loss I wouldnt even put the heads back on it, Get a long block, put the intake back on and go... Cant tell you about mechanics in your area as I am in central Indian. I am an auto mechanic and after I get a car that has been ruined by someone that doesnt know what they are doing it is best just to start over. Then you have no debris left from your heads let alone3 have they been hit by the pistons and possibly cracked

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Engine Rebuilds

Sorry to hear about your situation we hear this story seems like every day now , as a shop owner and Tech I have seen the best solution is a Jasper reman engine we have used them for 20 years + , very little problems and if there is they will cover both parts and labor for re doing the job . I have been to there plant for a tour its a top notch facility and they even flew me and my manager there in corporate plane !
    We sell Jasper engines and lower units install them and highly recomend there prouducts .

Let me know what your engine is and I will send you a price on engine asy. you can have it at our cost , they come with 18 month parts and labor and I believe they have an additional service plan available, for an idea of the price here is what a typical 350 chevrolet v8 is remember if the engine is to bad a core charge may be imposed ,NM | E | Mercruiser | 5.7 | 726910

350 V8 CHEV TIN OIL PAN

List Price: 2266.00
    Dealer Price: 1813.00 Core Charge: 360.00
    Skid Charge: 15.00
    Premium Service Plan Price: 395.00
    Include Premium Service Plan: PSP MARINE ENGINES $75 MAX LABPSP MARINE ENGINES $95 MAX LABPSP MARINE ENGINES$125 MAX LAB
    (Premium Service Plan Exclusions: This program excludes gas engines, diesel engines, transmissions, transfer cases and differentials in applications larger than 1-ton.)

You can call us at 614-478-9046 ask for Mike or Tim , ck us out at www.mobilemikesautoservice.com again sorry about the lost boating season, painting and doing interior on my boat so have not been out this year either either .
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 10-29-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default engine rebuild

Griffs Engines in Sandusky does a great job . He has a dynamo that he runs the engines on before you get it back. If he can't break it on there it's good to go