Ice fishing tip for Bluegills and Pumpkinseed Ice fishing tip for Bluegills and Pumpkinseed Ice fishing tip for Bluegills and Pumpkinseed Ice fishing tip for Bluegills and Pumpkinseed
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tkymasters Guest

Default Ice fishing tip for Bluegills and Pumpkinseed

Last year I watched a lot of people use all sorts of different and wierd techniques for catching these sweet and tasty morsels. You may think "What, bluegills?!?!" But if you have ever tried them out, they are my #2 favorite fish to eat. The texture and sweet taste is like no other fish. I've seen jigs of all size all color, but one in particular was just HOT!

I was using a #8 Moon jig, black with sparkles, and a couple of spikes on the jig (spikes looks like maggots). Jigged a couple of inches off the bottom and I couldn't keep the bluegills off. My girlfriend was usuing a light green jig a couple of feet away from me and she was catching just a few. We switched holes and the same thing happened.

I did alot of reading from different ice anglers in the US, and most of them reccomended using this particular color and brand. Sure enough, last year we limited everytime we set out on the ice. Thanks to the Moon jig. I bought them from Gander Mtn, $1.99 for a pack of 2. We fished on Lk St. Clair inside the docks close to the DNR boat launch. 16 mile/Jefferson

Hope to see you guys out there this season.
    Last edited by tkymasters; 11-20-2008 at 10:51 AM.