how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

went perching today - beautiful day - kept 30+ nice jacks, threw back a bunch.

48 fow off Seneca, and then 60 fow between Meyers and Sturgeon - bigger fish were scattered. drop shot with minnows worked for us

saw and heard of some nice catches today

Jack

Post Thanks / Like

We went out of sturgeon sunday, what an awesome day to be on the water weatherwise, no wind water like glass. Nice being able to open her up and zoom right out to the fishing spot like a rocket! Perch fishing however was terrible, did not catch many at all. We got a late start probably 9:30am till 1pm only caught 3 perch. Fished a usually productive hole around 55 ft, puttered around here and there and then the last hour moved into 40 feet and then 20 feet just to see what was hitting. On those 2 depths we entered goby land big time, seemed like just as soon as you could drop an emerald shiner they would gobble it up. My daughter even caught a zebra mussel, that was weird. On a good note my new used kicker moter worked great. My next step I think is to learn how to play with the sensitivity on my humminbird to read when perch are on the bottom. Boy just when I thought I had these perch figured out, you get a day like today! We were somewhat near a large group of boats but I did not see anyone pulling them in, lots of them were moving and leaving as well. Water temp was about 65 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wnyguy View Post
    We went out of sturgeon sunday, what an awesome day to be on the water weatherwise, no wind water like glass. Nice being able to open her up and zoom right out to the fishing spot like a rocket! Perch fishing however was terrible, did not catch many at all. We got a late start probably 9:30am till 1pm only caught 3 perch. Fished a usually productive hole around 55 ft, puttered around here and there and then the last hour moved into 40 feet and then 20 feet just to see what was hitting. On those 2 depths we entered goby land big time, seemed like just as soon as you could drop an emerald shiner they would gobble it up. My daughter even caught a zebra mussel, that was weird. On a good note my new used kicker moter worked great. My next step I think is to learn how to play with the sensitivity on my humminbird to read when perch are on the bottom. Boy just when I thought I had these perch figured out, you get a day like today! We were somewhat near a large group of boats but I did not see anyone pulling them in, lots of them were moving and leaving as well. Water temp was about 65 degrees.

fwiw.... I have a hummingbird 898 SCI. And split the sonar screen in half and use one side to show a 6x view of the bottom... with this setup you will know when you are on the perch.

Post Thanks / Like

Default No Walleye Yet

I went out Sunday (5/27/12) from the SBH at 9 am and fished till 4:15. Started shallow at 30' off windmills then trolled deeper (40'), then went shallow, 1.8 mph half way to Sturgeon Pt, and all I caught was a white bass and a big ugly sheephead. I was using harnesses all colors. It was cool b/c I was using my new fishfinder, Humminbird 581i. Where are the eyes and when will they be hitting ?

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out sbh out at 7 in at noon all meat toaday picked 4 keepers lost some at net had 2 dinks black n purple, and confusion. Taken on dipsys and 30 jets off inlines 1.9 mph between seneca and meyers 32 to 38 fow. Rick you should of gave a shout out.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry rick i was out today fishkiller was there yesterday .i miss read your dates.

Post Thanks / Like

Late start, early quit. No skunkie for this monkey. One in the box. Trolled from Sturgeon Pt. To Pinehurst. Three poles out got it off a black 20 jet with a watermelon wormharness. Got out 10:00 am back at 2:30.

Post Thanks / Like

PS -- the wife had a killer day. She slayed the coupons and killed a magazine.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird 581i

Yes my Humminbird has GPS and dual range sonar. It is pretty cool & I have been fishing for a long time & never had one before. My kids got it for a Xmas present for me. I used to fish almost exclusively at Angola back in the days there were Blue Pike !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walleyerick View Post
    Yes my Humminbird has GPS and dual range sonar. It is pretty cool & I have been fishing for a long time & never had one before. My kids got it for a Xmas present for me. I used to fish almost exclusively at Angola back in the days there were Blue Pike !
    I just got the 798si this spring. The gps rocks. I love the side imaging it really gives you a new perspective underwater.