I pulled the trigger on a new 2011 2100 fishmaster last spring. After two years of looking for a used one and not having any luck i finally could not wait anymore! This boat so far is incrediable, the whole reason i went for this model is the layout in the stern of the boat. Most of my fishing is trolling for walleye or muskie, and being able to get right back into the back corners is great for setting lines and downriggers. I was going to buy a used lund grand baron a little while before i ordered the stracraft, but after standing in the back of both boats i knew the fishmaster was better for me. The lund has the casting platform in the back which you have to step up on to net a fish or set lines, my fishmaster has 32" of free board in that area. I got mine with a 175hp mercury optimax pro xs and 15hp kicker. I did not need a lot more hp for the extra money as i don't have far to go to my fishing spots. It will run about 38-40 depending on conditions. I love that i can still cast up front and have the trolling motor, but have all the room in the back. I will say spend the extra money and get the 21 vs the 196, it doesn't seem like much but it makes a huge difference!! I live on the end of lake ontario where it can get really rough and can say it will handle it without a problem. I first saw this boat four years ago at syracuse ny boat show and since then have put alot of time into researching and talking to people about it and i am 100% glad i went with this model!! Hope it helps!