All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gregnwtf View Post
    I get that sometimes. I ask them if they want a pic, limit or not. Loomis guy, if you want to try the limits of jumbo perch in the cooler. Call me next fall for a trip over the line up north. Some people consider jumbos 10 inchers. 12 or bigger are the jumbo class getting 2 to the pound or less. Last trip up last fall , 2 guys on the boat and 60 fish weighed in 46 pounds of perch live weight. Hate drama. Wine and Walleye Fest winner 2014 in Ashtabula was Summer Break 2 in the second pic of 152 inches on I believe 5 fish. So if I didnt post a picture, hmm. So who had the 300 cooler Erik? I guess I also do things different as well Wayne. People shouldnt be argueing on here, you should feel as we would help one another in an emergency or in finding fish.
    I posted the part about the 300lb + coolers so I feel it is my responsibility to put up the proof. So here is a copy and paste of the thread and the link to that thread! The thread states 3 days Fri, Sat and Sun. but was posted on 07/13/2014 @ 2:55pm which was a Sun. That threw up an immediate red flag on the truthfulness of the following quote which is found in the first reply of this thread, in other words reply 1 is from the original poster.

monitor first few posts then move to approved users Join Date: Jul 2013

Default Weekend report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend was crazy easy . Fri, Sat, and Sun a few miles east of the Lorain dump . All 3 days had coolers over 300lbs for 48 fish . Caught a few smaller fish but decieded to release them to keep the bigger ones for the crew . Jet 40 100-150 back did all the work . Moving one boat to the Bula area as I type this to enjoy the bit out that way also .

Good Luck "
    Unquote

http://community.walleye.com/showthread.php?t=8074

So with that being said, I don't believe that anyone is pointing a finger at you! Fact is that you do not make that many posts in the Western Basin Fishing Reports Forum. I believe you do most of your posting in the Hook up with a Lake Erie Charter Captain forum.

This thread is intended to get under the skin of those who constantly feel that to answer a members question about where, how and when they caught their fish that the reply must also be used to advertise their business and to please call them to book a trip. The replys are almost always slanted to point to their business. When posting the results for their fishing trips with paying customers the same type of business slant is always given. On top of that there is never any pics or very few that are presented as proof of limits of Jumbo perch and hawg walleyes!

Everyone on this forum who is regular user know in their heart which people do this and who this thread is aimed at. I will guarantee you that you are not the one who is being singled out. Everyone must also remember that those who have brought up this subject are most likely docking their boat at the same marina as one of the worst offenders who post this bogus stuff.

In other words they know or would be in a position to know what the days catch results are by each licensed Captain/guide service. It is just to hard to hide your results after a day of fishing in a Marina full of licensed Captains/guides.

Seems that some of the Captains have taken offense to this thread that really should not have done so. Just ask yourself this one question and you will know that you are not the target. Just how often do I post my fishing results in the fishing reports for the western basin, how often do I promote my business beyond the link or links to my website or Face book page. You guys have never went beyond this fact.
    Last edited by wakina; 01-28-2015 at 05:45 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I posted the part about the 300lb + coolers so I feel it is my responsibility to put up the proof. So here is a copy and paste of the thread and the link to that thread! The thread states 3 days Fri, Sat and Sun. but was posted on 07/13/2014 @ 2:55pm which was a Sun. That threw up an immediate red flag on the truthfulness of the following quote which is found in the first reply of this thread, in other words reply 1 is from the original poster.

monitor first few posts then move to approved users Join Date: Jul 2013

Default Weekend report

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend was crazy easy . Fri, Sat, and Sun a few miles east of the Lorain dump . All 3 days had coolers over 300lbs for 48 fish . Caught a few smaller fish but decieded to release them to keep the bigger ones for the crew . Jet 40 100-150 back did all the work . Moving one boat to the Bula area as I type this to enjoy the bit out that way also .

Good Luck "
    Unquote

http://community.walleye.com/showthread.php?t=8074

So with that being said, I don't believe that anyone is pointing a finger at you! Fact is that you do not make that many posts in the Western Basin Fishing Reports Forum. I believe you do most of your posting in the Hook up with a Lake Erie Charter Captain forum.

This thread is intended to get under the skin of those who constantly feel that to answer a members question about where, how and when they caught their fish that the reply must also be used to advertise their business and to please call them to book a trip. The replys are almost always slanted to point to their business. When posting the results for their fishing trips with paying customers the same type of business slant is always given. On top of that there is never any pics or very few that are presented as proof of limits of Jumbo perch and hawg walleyes!

Everyone on this forum who is regular user know in their heart which people do this and who this thread is aimed at. I will guarantee you that you are not the one who is being singled out. Everyone must also remember that those who have brought up this subject are most likely docking their boat at the same marina as one of the worst offenders who post this bogus stuff.

In other words they know or would be in a position to know what the days catch results are by each licensed Captain/guide service. It is just to hard to hide your results after a day of fishing in a Marina full of licensed Captains/guides.

Seems that some of the Captains have taken offense to this thread that really should not have done so. Just ask yourself this one question and you will know that you are not the target. Just how often do I post my fishing results in the fishing reports for the western basin, how often do I promote my business beyond the link or links to my website or Face book page. You guys have never went beyond this fact.

Wakina you and Matt have pretty much nailed everything that needed to be covered and the problems that needed to be addressed. Thanks guys someone needed to say something it was getting out of hand.
    Thanks
    Capt Erik
    Bose-Man Sportfishing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New Ground Rules

Hi Everyone,

This is walleye_rick. First, I want to thank everyone who is actively engaged in posting fishing reports and discussion that continues to benefit thousands of fishermen in around the midwest that travel to Lake Erie to fish the Walleye Capital of the World.

As many of you know from time to time we get some spirited discussions going on a variety of topics. I don't get involved very often in micro managing content on this site as for the most part things tend to be self regulating work themselves out.

In looking over this long discussion thread I will make just a few comments.

* PLEASE be respectful of everyone. We WILL NOT tolerate denigrating anyone based on their culture, religous beliefs or the way they look.............. Case in point, I've deleted the posts about the Amish.

* Let's keep the Fishing Reports Sections just that, FISHING REPORTS and limit the self promotion to a minimal . We will continue to allow Charter Captains to include a link to their website and phone number at the bottom of their Fishing Report but we will also begin deleting posts that seem to be more focused on attacting business and less focused on helping fisherman find and catch more fish. This was and will always be the main purpose of the site, helping fishermen.

* Charter Captains are free to use the "Hook UP with a Captain" forum to promote their business. Captains can also advertise on the www.walleye.com site for a reasonable fee starting at $100/year.

* In the next few weeks we will be adding a new function to the web site using a plug in called "Photo Post" . Members will have an easy way to post photos of their catches, boats, equipment and anything else they want in their own photo album (should have done this years ago). We encourage everyone to use this as your own personal BRAGGIN BOARD. Post as many photos as you like. Should be fun and interactive.

* Last, we will be upgrading the site to be more "MOBILE FRIENDLY" so when you are out on your boat or sitting at the neighborhood drinking hole you can you use your cell phone and tablets to more easily display and post to the site. Look for this in the next couple of weeks as well.

Let's keep this site informational, up-to-date and clean as everyone benefits.

Again thanks to everyone and Good fishing in 2015.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, I was absent for 6 months to avoid the drama, and BS false reports on here. Everyone knows it happens which the reasons behind it are what blows my mind... All I can say is know who your friends are, know who you can and cant trust, and know the people that just use you to gain discounts, numbers, or boost business, and when you figure out who they are cut them out. I love the defense people put up on here, like guilty conscious or what??? Anyways if ya'll need anything, just hollar I'm a straight shooter, call, text, email, stop in. I don't care after this little adventure I will probably take another leave of absence this is ridiculous grow up stop trying to just book trips.. cough cough and use this site for what its meant for sharing information and helping people out with the truth... IF THERE'S A DISCUSSION THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU, OR YOU HAVE NOTHING INTELLIGENT TO ADD THEN DON'T POST..... IN OBVIOUS EFFORTS TO BOOST TRIPS...
    THANKS I'M OUT HAD ENOUGH!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This site is awesome!!! Somebody has to call bs every once and a while. It maintains integrity!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think we are all suffering from cabin fever, except those guys who are ice fishing. Can't wait until april and hope the gas prices stay down.

Post Thanks / Like

Default after further review

HMMM ! What to do. Dreamcatcher Dave has done what I have been thinking about.
    Yes, word of mouth and personal contacts are the best way for promotion.
    Some need to find a way to get along.
    I am the kind of guy that would help anybody, just ask me and will do what I can.
    Nuff said
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where's the popcorn!

Lol.....half way through this thread I had to go pop some popcorn it was getting so good!

In all seriousness...those of us who have been here a while already know who to believe. It is the same when you meet and make friends, you learn pretty fast who is full of it and who is a straight shooter.

I myself am not very good at posting pics yet and the funny thing is one pic I did post last season started a firestorm over rather it was photoshopped or something. Lol...I'm talking about the blue walleye my son caught and we thought it was unique enough to post up a pic. Anyway....sometimes you just can't win.

Personally, I hate to see this kind of thread because it creates doubt and confusion for some of the new members because they don't know who to believe yet. A few I consider to be honorable people and 100% trustworthy.... Skippernine,Wakina, ebjack, penaltybox and DrEd! I'm sure there are many others but all of these guys have been more than helpful in not only giving accurate reports but helping with methods and equipment information for anyone who asks. I wish I was better so I could be as helpful! But hey, I'm getting better thanks to these guys!

In closing I will say....don't worry about busting out those who lie....we catch on to more than they think and they are only fooling themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where's the popcorn!

Lol.....half way through this thread I had to go pop some popcorn it was getting so good!

In all seriousness...those of us who have been here a while already know who to believe. It is the same when you meet and make friends, you learn pretty fast who is full of it and who is a straight shooter.

I myself am not very good at posting pics yet and the funny thing is one pic I did post last season started a firestorm over rather it was photoshopped or something. Lol...I'm talking about the blue walleye my son caught and we thought it was unique enough to post up a pic. Anyway....sometimes you just can't win.

Personally, I hate to see this kind of thread because it creates doubt and confusion for some of the new members because they don't know who to believe yet. A few I consider to be honorable people and 100% trustworthy.... Skippernine,Wakina, ebjack, penaltybox and DrEd! I'm sure there are many others but all of these guys have been more than helpful in not only giving accurate reports but helping with methods and equipment information for anyone who asks. I wish I was better so I could be as helpful! But hey, I'm getting better thanks to these guys!

In closing I will say....don't worry about busting out those who lie....we catch on to more than they think and they are only fooling themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm not mistaken, it was the blue eye. I thought it was pretty unique.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker