GPS coordinates GPS coordinates GPS coordinates GPS coordinates
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GPS coordinates

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default GPS coordinates

I just want to give everyone a quick explanation of what us captains give as far as GPS numbers to our fellow fisherman. I have a couple phone calls from new people a day that do not understand what I sent them. So here is an example of what you would receive from me if you asked for numbers. I will either send a picture of my chart plotter or a simple 38/55. What them numbers are are the minute part of the format of the format (hours/minutes/seconds) so in this case it would be the middle number. The hours is a 60 mile grid. The minutes is a 1 mile grid (this is what I send) the seconds is a tenth of a mile grid. So when I send you numbers I will be putting you with in a one mile grid of the fish
    That's as close as I can get because fish have tails and swim around so it hard to get any closet than 1 mile. Here is a chart plotter screen from Saturday. The middle numbers on the north and the middle line of the West is what you would of received from me if you called or text. I hope this explanation helps. And no it was not just one person that did not understand what I was sending. I just want everyone to know what it is we are giving out. Thanks if you still have questions please feel free to call me so I can go into more detail. Thanks and good luck on the water. Jim use the top chart plotter the bottom one was a accident and it would not delete.GPS coordinates-20160326_105826-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images GPS coordinates-20160326_100758-jpg