Line choice for jigging Line choice for jigging Line choice for jigging Line choice for jigging
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdff21 View Post
    Wakina what set up are you using for jigging reel -pole -line thanks
    My jigging setup is a Falcon BuCoo - 6' 6" Med action rod paired with a Daiwa Fuego 2500SH spinning reel spooled with (don’t laugh) 30# Western Filament blue Tuf-Line XP braid which is like 8# mono in diameter and was left over from filling trolling reels. I love the rod and was fortunate enough to have had a friend that worked for the rod manufacturer and got it and 2 Ultra Lights that I use for perch rods at his cost & they are all American made to boot. I can’t give you any testaments on the Daiwa reel yet as it has not been used and was bought over the winter to replace a Cabela’s Tournament ZX reel that finally died after a long fish catching career.

I do not care for the Power Pro Braid as I feel it is to flat and allows the line to cut into itself on the spool to easily causing head aches to happen and cuss words to be spoken. Now with that being said, I do think Power Pro is a very good line for those who don’t have those problems. All of the legitimate spectra lines are made under the Honeywell patent who discovered the material so they are all strong and meet the breaking strength and the no stretch qualities the spectra lines are noted for. The only differences are in the actual manufacturing as to how they braid the fibers together. I do use an 18" leader of 10# mono to attach the jig to the main line as it helps with stealth if that is even necessary and provides a weak link in the rod to jig that can be broke off instead of running over the reef with the engine running.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wakina for the advice it helps me out alot to be on the right track i will be out there 3/22 and see how i do it will be my first time out on erie all set op with the ugly stik with okuma cw303d now i will get my jigging set up thanks again