Quote Originally Posted by Jiga-Byte View Post
Wakina - Does your T4 have quick connects? I seen on another blog where someone said the T5 does have quick connects. If that is the case, then I could still add a tie rod also having quick connects to the main motors. This would give me the option to use eather system, depending on the situation. If I were in heavy boat traffic or rougher waters, theoretically I could switch to the tie rod and steer with the wheel.

Does this seem possible and practical to you?

Thanks in advance.
Yes it may be possible without very much problem! Here are the connecting ends that you will need to make the connections minus the connecting bar. That has to be cut and fitted at the job site. You will probably need 2 different connecting spots on your kicker if you use the T5 steering unit, the angle from the kicker to the main engine would be 2 great to use the same connection post for both cause the kicker will be mounted back from the main engine. You should be able to go from front to front on both engines to get your desired results. You may want to just try the tie bar first without the cost of the T5. That may be all that you would need.

http://www.iboats.com/Kicker-Motor-S...iew_id.163196\