Quote Originally Posted by HYPO View Post
I hardly see any walleye threads on this site anymore. I thought this was a site for fishing reports. Yesterday I went out at 7 AM. We fished NW of West Sister, east of West Sister up to the Canadian line, Stony Point, and Brest Bay. Marked a few fish, not a whole lot. Ran various spoons and harnesses behind 30 TT's at various depths at speeds of 1.4 to 2.2. Went in at 12:30 with total of 1 white bass and three shorts to show for the effort. Sure would be nice to know what others are doing. It hardly makes sense looking on this site if no one will post info.
How many other trollers did you see actually fishing yesterday? Probably 70% to 80% of the fishermen have switched over to perch. Out of about a 100 or so boats yesterday that I personally saw there were no more than ten actively trolling and maybe a few more than that casting. The Sassy Sal and several other head boats were fishing the drift and cast method for walleyes between Crib Reef and Niagara Reef. I saw a few nets but I will not make a report if I have to report on obsevation alone and am not the one doing the actual fishing related to that specific report. I like most of the others have switched to perch until the circumstances have returned to more favorable conditions for walleye fishing.

It seems that you are implying that we (the other active members) are not sharing enough information to suit you! I quote you with " I thought this was a site for fishing reports. " I am sorry that you feel that way because most of the active members here have always been open to sharing their fishing success and experiences with others without question as well as the programs that worked best for them. You must also remember that we have had an abnormally high amount of rain and high NE winds spaced almost perfectly apart that keeps the lake stirred up without any chance for clearing both of which makes it difficult at best to be successful walleye fishing regardless of the method used.