Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
You are after a reaction bite, you are not finesse fishing. I'm at the other end from the other replies. I've ran florescent yellow braid on one side of the boat for almost 2 seasons ( my wife thought the yellow would scare the fish away). No leaders. I ran #17 XT green on the other side. Quite often the braid side took a lot more fish than the mono. Allowing for depth difference etc. So is it the way braid causes the baits to run, is the bright yellow braid an attractant? Who knows. I just don't care for running braided line. But your still trolling and the fish only have seconds to decide if they want to chase/bite or not.
With that said, over the years, typically one side of the boat takes more fish than the other. Even after moving trolling paths to try to get both sides catching at the same rate. This is when it is a slower day trying to figure out what the fish want. When the catching is hot, it really doesn't matter. Just my experience.
I have found that one side the boat normally catches more fish than the other and that is predictable,the wind and wave direction causes lines boards and baits to run differently on one side than the other,I run inline boards and i can predict the side that is going to do best by the way the boards run,and i can do it consistently,typically one side will run closer to the boat and more jerky,while the other runs more consistent and smoothly,the most consistent side always catches me more fish.