boat trouble boat trouble boat trouble boat trouble
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: boat trouble

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

well the first drive I had Happy days service my outdrive every year. The newer on I did myself every year. I fill from the bottom until oil comes out the top hole. My boat also has the gravity feed feature where there is a resivor of oil in the engine compartment that gravity feeds lube into the unit if it gets low. I personally think that the alpha1 is undersized for my 26 foot boat. The drive that is 2 years old has about 400 hours on it. For not being a charter captain I use my boat a lot. I did add a drive shower to the newer unit to help keep it running cooler apparently it didn't help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    well the first drive I had Happy days service my outdrive every year. The newer on I did myself every year. I fill from the bottom until oil comes out the top hole. My boat also has the gravity feed feature where there is a resivor of oil in the engine compartment that gravity feeds lube into the unit if it gets low. I personally think that the alpha1 is undersized for my 26 foot boat. The drive that is 2 years old has about 400 hours on it. For not being a charter captain I use my boat a lot. I did add a drive shower to the newer unit to help keep it running cooler apparently it didn't help.
    it was just a thought anyway. just glad you have the 3 yr no fault warranty on that outdrive. you could have just got a bad one from the factory. I just put a new fuel pump on my car and headed to fl and made it 750 miles and the new pump went bad. had to have a new pitman arm and idler arm replaced while down there. it still had about 1/4 turn play in the steering wheel. got to checking the front end and the new pitman arm was bad. I replaced it and now the front end is good. just because something is new doesn't really mean its right.