Which trolling rods and reels do you use? Which trolling rods and reels do you use? Which trolling rods and reels do you use? Which trolling rods and reels do you use?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye_Rick View Post
    Curious who is using which models of trolling rods and reels on your boats. What are your favorites?
    With just myself and 1 other fisherman I use my Shimano Tekota 300Lc Reels mounted on GX2 7ft med action Ugly Sticks with either Tuf-line XP by Western Filament or Jerry Brown braid in either 30 or 40 lb. Color doesn't seem to matter as I have either Hi vis yellow or the red version on my reels. All of my leaders are made out of 20lb Fireline crystal. These are my favorite setups.

If more than 2 are on board I also use my Okuma Coldwater 153d Lc reels mounted on the same type ugly sticks. But have blue Tuf-Line XP on 2 of them and Fireline 30lb blaze orange on the other 2. Line color does not seem to bother the fish as each set-up catches their fare share of fish. But then again I only fish the Western Basin with its somewhat murky/cloudy water.

Only if there are 5 on board which does not happen very often do I use the Diawa accu-depth plus 17lca reels and they have 30lb green braid on them.

I also use the Church Tackle TX-22 in-line planer boards I have 8 of those 4 yellow and 4 orange, if needed I run my Walleye special boards. I also have a set of the TX-44 boards but use them very little if at all as they pull way to hard in my opinion, and on occaison I run the Church Tackle TX-007 Stern Planers.
    Last edited by wakina; 02-07-2015 at 04:35 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip