I enjoy the group of regular contributors in here. It's actually nice to be able to trust reports. Not everyone in here is honest with their reports. We know the guys that constantly exaggerate and ALWAYS catch their limits of "hawgs"... Really all 48 of them are always fish Ohios.

Those of us in here know who is truthful and who isn't. But it is frustrating when new people come in the forums looking for information and they don't know who is telling the truth and who isn't. It would be nice if people would simply be honest all the time, but we know not everyone is.

My advice is to anyone wondering if a report is good or just some guy trying to promote himself and his business, is to read a lot of posts. See who always says they are doing GREAT and who never posts any pictures. When someone says that they limited out on pigs, and then posts a picture of 8 fish with 4 guys, figure that they really only caught 8 fish.

When an honest captain limits on 48 fish Ohio, trust me... He would have a picture of that!!

Also, check to see who is only posting to promote their business rather than trying to simply help a fellow fisherman out. There are great captains in here who give great advice and great reports simply to help novice fisherman out, and then there are those who are just trying to advertise.

The best way to know a good report is when you see several users thanking others for their information. When someone posts accurate info in here and it's true, there will be follow-up reports from other users substantiating the info and thanking them.

I like having a community that people come to for help and good honest advice and reports. For the most part many of the contributors in here do just that. Thanks to all of you who are here to have a good community of fisherman and don't use this forum to simply self-promote through false reports.

-Matt