I have a SI-TEX 70. Absolute piece of junk and worthless to me.

I don't want to break the bank, but I need to get something reliable and Lake Erie worthy.

Here are my main concerns. I don't want to have to mark the shaft on the rudder and have to constantly re-calibrate every time I power up my unit (which I have to do now). I'd like one that auto calibrates the rudder position.

I'd like one that will integrate with my current HDS Gen2 Touch12 unit, but it's not worth an extra $500 for that...

I do have a Lowrance Point1 External GPS already in the ethernet so I don't know if that helps or not.

I don't need a remote. I can walk to the front of the boat if the unit isnt getting off course every 5 minutes, or I can have an external control pad in the back. I would pay $200 for a remote, but if I can save $300 by not having one I don't need it.

I just want a good auto pilot that can trough 3-4' waves if I want to, and keep a decent course on typical Lake Erie trolling days. I don't need it to steer in anything over 6' waves.

I am asking because I don't have any real experience with any other unit, and reviews are all over the place.

My boat is a 30' Sportcraft GLS single screw.

Thanks!
-Matt