Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
Welcome aboard Ted!

There are a bunch of quality people that frequent this forum, they all offer some very sound advice. It won't take you long to figure out which ones are sincere and those that are just blowing on their key board to create some drama.

When things get going this spring and the jig bite is over I would be happy to show you what I know about the small boards. I normally fish just crawler harnesses and spoons and use only the small in-line boards with either a jet diver or a tru-trip diver. Small boards are allot easier to use than you might expect and you should be able to master their use in a couple of hours. But if you go with me we will make it a full day of fishing. The easy part is averting tangles and the hard part is reading the boards and knowing if you are towing a small junk fish.

I dock at Beef Creek Marina on the Toussaint River and run a 23ft Pro-Line.
Pleasure to meet you Wakina. When I was a kid we used to stay at Paradise Acres. We would trailer the boat back and forth to Wilkinsons ramp I believe. They were an elderly couple over the beef creek bridge. Don't those Paridise Acres boys own Beef Creek Marina?