Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season Ice Fishing 2014-2015 Season
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I don't think Madd Matt was ripping on anybody but was being sarcastic about all of the bitching by those who would impose their personal beliefs on the rest of us. Beliefs that are contrary to the ODNR laws that cover the size and possession limit of Lake Erie walleyes.

Every year people try to berate the actions of lawful fishermen who keep legally caught fish. Their argument is with the ODNR who sets the rules and not the legal fishermen who abide by them.
    Lol. Thanks Wakina! I appreciate the support. I believe that even Mike knew that it was complete sarcasm, apparent in his follow-up post. I would not attack someone in here like that in a serious manner... I leave that kind of interaction for the dock.

By the way, how could I be jealous of a trophy fish when it was a female full of eggs?

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mad Matt

My apologies thought you was rippin

Post Thanks / Like

Over the years we too have made numerous trips from WI ice fishing. I concurr with Wayne on dates: best time was after February 1st. I think it has to do with the fish migrating west towards the Maumee River. Also, you start to get an influx of fish coming from the East to stage outside the reefs.

I would give all first timers one bit of advice: be careful!! When this lake isn't locked up tight wind will drive ice heaves and sheets all over the place. Conditions change quickly, and I've yet to see any fish I'd risk my life for!!!