Perch'n with Doug, Bob, and John 9/29/14 Perch'n with Doug, Bob, and John 9/29/14 Perch'n with Doug, Bob, and John 9/29/14 Perch'n with Doug, Bob, and John 9/29/14
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch'n with Doug, Bob, and John 9/29/14

The morning started out like a fiasco...let me explain.

During my morning routine of putting the day's needed things in the boat, one of the first things I do is check the on board charger to make sure it's fully charged. When I open the compartment lid it should be glowing green, but this morning the compartment was dark. Oh nooooo! I checked the plug and it was plugged in the boat...that meant it was disconnected in the shed. I had cut the grass last night after a trip, and when I plugged in the leaf blower I must have knocked the extension cord loose, which is exactly what happened. Ugh!!

I was supposed to pick up my crew from their hotel at 6am, so I texted them to tell them what happened and that I would be a half hour late. I wanted to make sure the starting battery was at 100% before heading out, since we were planning on going to Canada for perch today. Luckily, it didn't take long for the starting battery to fully charge, but the trolling motor batteries were only at 50%. That meant we would be using the old fashioned anchor today instead of the Terrova's "Spot Lock" to hold us. Not a big deal.....just breathe.

I'm fishing with Doug Woehrmyer, his dad Bob, and his Uncle, John. John still needed to get a Canadian fishing license, so while I was waiting for the charger to do it's thing they said they would go over to the "Fisherman's Wharf" to get it, since the Quality Inn has crappy internet service and they couldn't do it online there, and the Wharf said they opened at 6am. Well, I left the house at 6:15 and got a call from Doug stating they were still waiting for the Wharf to open. I drove over to the Wharf to meet them, and said I would take John back to my house to use my computer/printer to get it done.

Here's the deal....John has only bought a one day Canadian lic. once before, and when you buy a one day lic you do not need an Outdoors Card. The online lic wouldn't let him finish the transaction, because it kept saying that he must supply his "number". ???? Well, it turns out that when he bought that one day license three years ago, there was a number attached to it (at the top) that becomes "your" number for life. It was asking for that number. No where on their website do they explain that you need to keep that lic for future transactions....sigh. So, back to the Wharf we go, hoping they can get his Can lic taken care of. They did. Mark was able to figure it out and was able to issue him a day's license. Thanks Mark!

Ok, deep breath...just breathe......lol

Doug kept apologizing for the delay, but I just said, "It is what it is...it's going to be a beautiful day, and it's all good now...let's go catch some perch".

After topping off the boat's gas tank, we launched at Mazurik's at 7:30am. We set a course for a spot over in Canada, near the dumping grounds, and set the anchor. The first 6 fish were catfish. Nooooooooo.....these are supposed to be big perch from the report I received the night before, so I said, "let's move a little and try again"....we did. The second spot would be our spot for the day, because after a few more cats the yellows showed up.

It wasn't a fast bite, but the quality was amazing. We would catch 112 perch that went 63 pounds at the cleaners. Woot! Woot!

It was a beautiful day, and the lake was dead calm. The company was exceptional, and the fishing was awesome. I couldn't have asked for a better trip. The guys had a great time and will be back in the spring for some fun walleye fishing. I can't ask for more than that.

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

Very nice, has to feel good 2fish to a pound, again, very nice, guys look ecstatic too! Mike