My son and grand kids from KY showed up right on time this morning and we headed out at 7:15am. Went straight to the area east of the firing range where I had done well 2 weeks ago splitting D-Can and F-Can coming from the Toussaint River. There were several boats in the area of D-Can on north to Niagara Reef. We went about a mile further east of the firing range and shut down to check for marks. The whole screen was loaded from about 15 ft clear down to the bottom and we were all by ourselves. Water depth was 26 ft.

We got the kicker running and warmed up and started setting the lines at 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45. Before we could get the other 2 lines in the 30, 35 and 40 lines fired and we boxed 3 nice eaters about 20 inches long. We then got the lines back in the water all set at 35 back and it was on! The best speed was 1.5 to 1.8 GPS speed with gold blades with orange beads, pretty panties blades with red beads doing all of the damage behind Church Tackle TX-22 and Walleye boards and Tru-Trip 40's.

My favorite gold blade with orange beads was the hot one today, as that combination took 16 or 17 of the 4 man limit. We made 3 long trolls and picked some nice fish with 7 in the 24 to 26 inch class, with the rest being in the 18 to 20 inch class. We released several 15/16 inch fish and about a dozen shorts as well.

The nice part of the whole thing was that we had our trolling line all to ourselves as everyone seemed determined to fish the pack between D-Can and Niagara. We would pull the lines and head back up to our starting point as soon as we started getting to the edge of the pack.

There is a massive school of walleyes in that area right now just east of the firing range just waiting on someone's spoons or harnesses. So go get them!!
The junk fish were not very bad today but there are some very large FO sheephead out there right now to add some excitement to your day, so be prepared.