Quote Originally Posted by Muskieslayer View Post
I recently purchased a pair of these because I was led to believe that I needed a larger board to run 40 jets. The problem I encountered was the braided line slipping through the factory clip. Even after adjusting the spring tension on the clip, the board would still end up sliding almost to the diver. Anyone else ever have this problem? If so is there a quick fix or a better replacement clip available? Thanks in advance.
Both! You can leave out the desired amount of line and then half hitch a rubber band tightly on the line between the clip and the pin. I believe it is a number 16 rubber band. The rubber band will stop the board from sliding once it makes contact with the clip. The closer to the clip the better. You can also purchase the Lock-Jaw clip and that will stop the slide also. I believe the Off Shore snapper release/clip would also work on the TX-44 board. I have a set of TX-44's and don't use them very often as they pull so hard. The clips that come with them are designed for wire line or lead core line. They may work with some of the mono lines also. I know as I have been there and done that. The rubber band works well and will go thru most rod tips so it does not have to be removed every time you bring in your board just wind it onto the reel.