Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
For what it's worth, I used a couple of Accu Depth LC 27's and Shakespeare Arsenals and wanted all the same reels so I decided to upgrade. I bought the Okuma Convectors, a little higher dollar than the Magda and if I had it to do all over again I would go back to the Accu Depth LC27's.

The drag on the Okuma Convectors is a pain to set. Even if I back them off completely the spool does not release until I turn the handle a little and when it does release I have to reset the drag to the desired tension. Never had any other reels that did this but all 6 of my Convectors do. My fishing buddy agrees with me too and he uses them as much as I do. Maybe there is a trick to them that I don't know about because they came highly recommended, but that has been my experience after 2 years of use.
Do what I did... Send em back to okuma they will claim to "fix it" they will pay shiipping etc when you get them back they will do the same thing. Then sell em and buy another brand. Okuma claims to be "proud makers of Fine quality equipment" What do not tell you is that they are made in China and they put the word "PRO" on their entry line reels???? since when is the word PRO entry line