We went out yesterday Sat. June 14th from 3pm and headed into dock at 830pm. Bite was really dead. We were off Stoney point, also tried Brest Bay, off the Raisin River, and 25ft deep way out almost to weather bouy. When wind changed direction around 7ish is when we caught almost all of the fish. We managed somehow to snag 2 large perch to bring home so we didn't come home empty handed. We caught 3 of the biggest Sheephead I've ever seen, they were all around 2 1/2ft long. Also, usually we throw back a ton of silvers and we didn't catch a one but threw back 5 catfish. First trip this season with a goose-egg in the walleye column. Driving home from the dock in Newport,Mi the sky was solid MayFlies. There must have been a huge hatch today. We live super close to the water and have never seen it like this before. Not even going to put a pole to water to compete against them tomorrow. Anyone know how long the full hatch is predicted to last? I am trying to recall & I think it usually runs about 3 weeks. Thanks.
Dawn