Lake Erie is 200 miles long, it may seem a long way down the lake to take the time to sign a petition.

It may seem I'm simply asking you to sign for a new stadium.

The truth is this may be the only chance an abused, neglected two mile shoreline of the lake will ever be cleaned up. The stadium is only a catalyst to bring about something I sense all fishermen love, a cleaner lake and better fishing.

I hope you may take few seconds of time to sign.

The large harbor would be in the shape of a large fish, with about 600 to 1,000 boats slips.

Who knows with more fishermen, we can pool together someday reduce or even end the Canadian netting, leaving more fish for us fishermen.

“There are 178 individual Canadian commercial fishing licenses on Lake Erie,” said John Johnson, the commercial fish program coordinator for Ontario. “There are about eight trap net licenses.”

The Canadian commercial fishing industry is worth, as a whole, a total of $300 million a year on Lake Erie. The industry made $13 million last year harvesting perch and $12 million harvesting walleye.

There is no set amount of gill nets that one commercial boat can fish with. The only thing limiting the amount of gill nets that a Canadian commercial fisherman can put out is time and money invested in man power and equipment.