Get the large dipseys. Either Walker or L Jensen. We use L Jens and some use the Walkers. Nothing wrong with each, just go by the the chart for depths. The other thing is if you are running Walkers and ask me how deep I am catching them on, you have to convert the numbers. For instance, Captain of the year for 2014 Dr. Bugs was trolling right beside me late last summer and saw him pulling fish on his dispeys. I was taking some fish on my jets ( reg 40s ) as he was also. So I called him and asked what his setting was. He uses Walkers, he said check your chart and for that depth as with using the outer ring and I dont run it with a ring. Thats the diff between the two disks. Bang, right on but that was shallow water so we probably were getting the spook effect. I like diseys and they are so easy to use, add a snubber and 6 ft leader. I use all sort of lures on them to see what works like all the other parts of the chess game.
Jets ruled this weekend on short settings with small spoons in bright fruity colors. #1 setting on my dipseys at 21 with a #12 husky jerk took fish.