Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year Harnesses Over Crankbaits Any Time of the Year
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Miso

Were you dipping the hooks in jagermeister

Post Thanks / Like

Was that a #100 Mepps, blade about the size of a hub cap?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTBRIAN View Post
    I have some of these mepps lures given to me by mepps. When i use them i hope to have the same results. But when i use them i will let you know either way what results i do get from them.
    i don't have the ones mepps makes but for years now, i have made my own with a mepps #3 with hair and a 2" stinger hook 6' fluro lead on a tad pole or keel weight
    they work great and i bet a lot cheaper than over ten bucks each!

favorite is a black blade with white dots fwiw

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Tales View Post
    Were you dipping the hooks in jagermeister
    It was Jager mixed half and half with AfterShock, I was misting it with a bottle. A little for the fishes and a little for me, mind you I did not drive the boat back in, we let the last fish tow us to shore.

Post Thanks / Like

Miso you funny guy.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I had no idea there would be a reaction like this. Let me take a minute to try to explain and try to answer everybody's concerns. First, everything I posted about my catch on Erie is 100% accurate and true. We were on Lake Erie from 4/19 through 4/25. Myself and 3 friends caught over 140 walleyes over 7 lbs. I have dozens of photos and lots of video. We caught and released fish all day, only keeping fish that were gill-hooked or looked like they wouldn’t make it. At the end of the day, when we reached our legal limit, we stopped fishing. We had many doubles and triples of fish between 27 and 32 inches. We did start the first day dragging crank baits because that’s how we’ve done well every other time we fished here, and so that’s how the guys I was with wanted to fish. After we had a good morning, and everybody was satisfied that we had caught fish I convinced them to give these new Mepps Trolling Rigs a try. It is absolutely a fact that I helped Mepps to develop these lures. I wasn’t trying to hide that. Like someone pointed out, look at the Mepps hat. I want to be clear that I am not paid by Mepps. But it’s also a fact that we had an amazing week of fishing these lures. I didn’t mean to make my post sound like a commercial, but I wanted to give you all the details about my experience. I assumed with the results I had people would want to know the details, especially since a lot of guys don’t typically think about dragging harnesses this early in the year. This experience was an eye opener for me too. I’ll attach a couple more pictures here and I did send the videos to Mepps. I think they’re going to edit it together and put something on their website, hopefully soon. Like I said, our results were REALLY good, so I thought other walleye fishermen would want to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reellivin View Post
    Wow, I had no idea there would be a reaction like this. Let me take a minute to try to explain and try to answer everybody's concerns. First, everything I posted about my catch on Erie is 100% accurate and true. We were on Lake Erie from 4/19 through 4/25. Myself and 3 friends caught over 140 walleyes over 7 lbs. I have dozens of photos and lots of video. We caught and released fish all day, only keeping fish that were gill-hooked or looked like they wouldn’t make it. At the end of the day, when we reached our legal limit, we stopped fishing. We had many doubles and triples of fish between 27 and 32 inches. We did start the first day dragging crank baits because that’s how we’ve done well every other time we fished here, and so that’s how the guys I was with wanted to fish. After we had a good morning, and everybody was satisfied that we had caught fish I convinced them to give these new Mepps Trolling Rigs a try. It is absolutely a fact that I helped Mepps to develop these lures. I wasn’t trying to hide that. Like someone pointed out, look at the Mepps hat. I want to be clear that I am not paid by Mepps. But it’s also a fact that we had an amazing week of fishing these lures. I didn’t mean to make my post sound like a commercial, but I wanted to give you all the details about my experience. I assumed with the results I had people would want to know the details, especially since a lot of guys don’t typically think about dragging harnesses this early in the year. This experience was an eye opener for me too. I’ll attach a couple more pictures here and I did send the videos to Mepps. I think they’re going to edit it together and put something on their website, hopefully soon. Like I said, our results were REALLY good, so I thought other walleye fishermen would want to know.
    ReelLivin,

Welcome to the forums! lol
    I think that part of your problem is that you posted a fishing report from 4/19-4/25 on 5/6 and didn't give a date. Typically fishing reports show up the day of the catch or the day after. That way it actually helps others who are headed to the Lake know a program.

This was an issue because no one was catching fish the way you described on 5/6/2014 after three days of blustery winds. The most seasoned charters where catching fish, but not anything close to what you described during that time.

On 4/18 -4/20 I actually believe that you could have caught 4 limits of 25"-32" fish if you spent all day out there. If you read the reports from those days the trolling was on fire. We ourselves limited a 5 man limit and from start of fishing to last fish was 1hr 40min... If you read my report we caught 6 fish ohio and 14 others all over 26". We actually caught 29 and threw back anything under 26" because they were so hot.

Also if you read reports from those days, anything and everything was catching walleye... all depths. You could have been using balls of Styrofoam and you would have limited out in less than 2 hours.

I am not saying that your Mepps aren't good... I'm just saying that there is a big difference between posting what you did in the midst of every single report from East of Kelly's to Davis Bessie and everywhere in between was a mad house of "walleye suicide" (One users actual post description of that time). Go back and read reports from that week, the walleye jumped in every boat, from every depth on every color and lure.

Also, many people on here were on the water and did the same thing that you did during that time.

Next time, try not to post you fishing report from several weeks ago during a slump when they aren't biting.

Secondly, posting that report is fine... Nothing wrong with it... but it really does help people to know what is "currently" going on with the bite and program. Posting that report several weeks later is just simply bragging about your catch... Nothing wrong with that. We all brag about days like that... But it doesn't do anything for helping guys going out today.

Nice catch!

Post Thanks / Like

http://community.walleye.com/showthread.php?t=7583

There is what we did on the same day... 5 man limit in less than 2 hours... So did anyone else on the water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Madd Matt. Lesson learned.

Nice catch to you too.

Post Thanks / Like

Its funny that you actually publicly posted that you only kept the ones you brought in the boat foul hooked, or in other words illegal.